AP chem and actual DAT questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matrix570

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have DAT in a month and I'm so worried about Gchem. I borrowed 5 Organic chem, 2 Biology and 7 QR Kaplan subject tests, but I couldn't get any Gchem subject tests...Is it a crazy idea to take Kaplan course just for Gchem practice questions?? God Kaplan online course is now more than $1200!! I just can't afford it!

I'm trying to save money so that I bought Destroyer and AP chem book and I also have a bunch of Canadian provincial Grade 12 chemistry exams...But they don't have as detailed answer as kaplan do, so I'm a bit worried...

And I don't know how much AP chem questions are actually similar to real DAT questions..If you have real DAT experiences, could you tell me how much they are similar in terms of question style and difficulty level?

thanks..OMG time pressure is killing me, and I can't do anything now...

Members don't see this ad.

I have DAT in a month and I'm so worried about Gchem. I borrowed 5 Organic chem, 2 Biology and 7 QR Kaplan subject tests, but I couldn't get any Gchem subject tests...Is it a crazy idea to take Kaplan course just for Gchem practice questions?? God Kaplan online course is now more than $1200!! I just can't afford it!

I'm trying to save money so that I bought Destroyer and AP chem book and I also have a bunch of Canadian provincial Grade 12 chemistry exams...But they don't have as detailed answer as kaplan do, so I'm a bit worried...

And I don't know how much AP chem questions are actually similar to real DAT questions..If you have real DAT experiences, could you tell me how much they are similar in terms of question style and difficulty level?

thanks..OMG time pressure is killing me, and I can't do anything now...

Relax...you do not need to take the class. Just read the AP chem book.
Chem section on the DAT is very fair. If you understand it, then you will do fine.

1) breath
2) relax
3) hit those AP chem books n ull do fine.. in fact they get calculators on partI of the exam so dont be frustrated if the calculations r hard. the ones on the DAT will be nice dont worry