AP credits with Upper Division replacement - Prerequisites

Started by 907914
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

9

907914

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As far as my AP credits go, I have 2 quarters of Gen chem (took 3rd quarter in uni), 1 quarter of physics (took 2nd and 3rd quarters in uni), 2 quarters of calculus and 2 quarters of English (Lit and comp).

I took chemistry 3 in college and as upper divisions for chemistry I have Biochem 1+2, year of Ochem, Quantitative analysis and 2 years of directed study in a chemistry lab.

As upper division for math I have upper division Biostats.

For English, I have English 201 (other two are 100 level classes), Writing in the health sciences and Composition in the health sciences.

I have no upper division equivalent for the first quarter of physics, but I took the second two classes at my college (10 quarter hours in class, 5 quarter hours AP credits).

All of the science and math stuff are As, the English classes are all Bs or B+

As far as AP credits goes I know (now, not in the beginning of Pre-MED) that AP is iffy at a lot of places. I just want to make sure, at most schools, does the above look OK?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What about biology?
All of Biology was taken at a 4 year university. I have intro bio, genetics, genetics TA, Cell bio, molecular, Micro, about a year and a half of research lab, and after next year will have a year of biotech, a quarter of physiology and possibly embryo if I feel so inclined.

I also have Hematology, blood banking, clinical chemistry, immuno, and clinical bacteriology all at an Associates degree level (these, I don’t think, count as pre-reqs but I have them).

I am pretty confident the biology stuff will cover prereqs everywhere, just mostly concerned about those AP replacement type classes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gotcha. Well, I do have clinical chemistry. It is 10 SH credits of intro clinical chemistry towards my AS (not a community college, just a 2 yr degree at a 4 yr institute).

Do you think I should be fine at most schools in regards to the AP stuff?