AP credits with Upper Division replacement - Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

As far as my AP credits go, I have 2 quarters of Gen chem (took 3rd quarter in uni), 1 quarter of physics (took 2nd and 3rd quarters in uni), 2 quarters of calculus and 2 quarters of English (Lit and comp).

I took chemistry 3 in college and as upper divisions for chemistry I have Biochem 1+2, year of Ochem, Quantitative analysis and 2 years of directed study in a chemistry lab.

As upper division for math I have upper division Biostats.

For English, I have English 201 (other two are 100 level classes), Writing in the health sciences and Composition in the health sciences.

I have no upper division equivalent for the first quarter of physics, but I took the second two classes at my college (10 quarter hours in class, 5 quarter hours AP credits).

All of the science and math stuff are As, the English classes are all Bs or B+

As far as AP credits goes I know (now, not in the beginning of Pre-MED) that AP is iffy at a lot of places. I just want to make sure, at most schools, does the above look OK?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about biology?
All of Biology was taken at a 4 year university. I have intro bio, genetics, genetics TA, Cell bio, molecular, Micro, about a year and a half of research lab, and after next year will have a year of biotech, a quarter of physiology and possibly embryo if I feel so inclined.

I also have Hematology, blood banking, clinical chemistry, immuno, and clinical bacteriology all at an Associates degree level (these, I don’t think, count as pre-reqs but I have them).

I am pretty confident the biology stuff will cover prereqs everywhere, just mostly concerned about those AP replacement type classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha. Well, I do have clinical chemistry. It is 10 SH credits of intro clinical chemistry towards my AS (not a community college, just a 2 yr degree at a 4 yr institute).

Do you think I should be fine at most schools in regards to the AP stuff?