AP physics grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akajoe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So..I have a D for my first semester as a final grade in Physics. I am deciding not to take the AP exam,but I just want to know what happens if I get better grade next semester and get 4 or 5 on my AP exam...Does college give you credits only? or do they weight the grades that I got from high school and include those grades on my college transcript? Cause I don't want to hurt my grades and later regret for not retaking the course or something...any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Colleges will see your grades on your high school transcripts for admissions purposes...however, once you're in only your AP score is recorded on your college transcript. I had the opposite effect, got an A in an AP class but bombed the AP exam and only the exam score counted on my transcript. You should be okay...do well next semester and study hard for the AP exam in May.

Just a side note, when you apply to dental schools some say they do NOT accept AP scores for pre-reqs so you may end up needing to retake physics in college (if you want to apply to those schools)...but I think there are plenty that accept AP scores.

Good luck!