APFT on army rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unidabiscuit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My army orders for an 3rd year clinical rotation ADT, said bring PT clothes and a APFT is required. Has any one had to do an APFT while on clinical rotation. I just figured I would get in shape next year.

Unidabiscuit MSIII

Members don't see this ad.

unidabiscuit said:
My army orders for an 3rd year clinical rotation ADT, said bring PT clothes and a APFT is required. Has any one had to do an APFT while on clinical rotation. I just figured I would get in shape next year.

Unidabiscuit MSIII

My orders said the same thing. I have been trying to run 3 days a week just in case, but I plan to kick it in high geer this week regardless. So hard to find time when you are at work for 10-12 hours and then still need to find time to study for the rotation and for boards.

My orders also say the same thing. Right now, I know I can't pass the APFT, so if they give it, that's what will happen to me. I have just not had the time to get into and stay in that kind of shape.

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys going to be?

Members don't see this ad :)
unidabiscuit said:

Unidabiscuit MSIII

I had to do PT tests on all my ADT rotations. Despite never "volunteering" to do them, somebody always seemed to track me down. So it's best to show up in some modicum of physical shape. It's NOT really that hard . . . . (unless you're at Ft Sam in August :laugh: )

RMD 1-0-4

NateatUC said:
My orders also say the same thing. Right now, I know I can't pass the APFT, so if they give it, that's what will happen to me. I have just not had the time to get into and stay in that kind of shape.

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys going to be?

I will be in Madigan in July/August, Tripler in September, and Darnell in October.

I have issues as well. I have never had a ton of upper body strength so the pushups probably aren't going to look great and I can't run fast. I run 2 miles or so every few days...use to run 3 miles every other day but I have never, ever been fast at it...

i never took an APFT on an ADT and no one i know of has taken one either. (nor have any of the ADT students that rotate here now that i'm a resident) but that doesn't mean it *can't* happen, lol. j

ust plead ignorace ;) :cool:

--your friendly neighborhood pleading caveman

Hey guys, my orders for BAMC in August said the same thing about APFT. I've been trying to get my 2-mile run down, and the push-ups are close; but the sit-ups are VERY far away. WHAT HAPPENS IF WE FAIL?!?!
We need to find out ASAP. I'm doing Anesthesia at BAMC, anyone else?

2LT DePue
CC3 SUNY at Buffalo

masteropuppets said:
\I'm doing Anesthesia at BAMC, anyone else?

I'm doing Emergency Medicine at BAMC in July, and at Madigan in October.

Looks like I'll miss you, but maybe I'll see our resident caveman in October.

NateatUC said:
I'm doing Emergency Medicine at BAMC in July, and at Madigan in October.

Looks like I'll miss you, but maybe I'll see our resident caveman in October.

I am looking forward to meeting the resident caveman myself.

Madigan is one of the top 2 locations on my list (the other being Tripler), and I figured he could show me around and give me the in's and out's....

Hell, it should be so easy a caveman could do it......

When in Trippler, there is two routes for the 2 mile run APFT. One is around the track, the other is around the hospital, little slope....Depending on what unit is doing doing the APFT (which you will be attach. just for the APFT,) thats were you will be doning your APFT

i'm at Walter Reed-- edmadison is at Madigan.

don't worry about the APFT. really. they're not going to "fire you" while you're in school. :D they have nothing to hold over your head-- when you hit active duty though, they can keep you from taking leave and stuff, but that's really it.

--your friendly neighborhood DC metro caveman

Homunculus said:
i'm at Walter Reed-- edmadison is at Madigan.

don't worry about the APFT. really. they're not going to "fire you" while you're in school. :D they have nothing to hold over your head-- when you hit active duty though, they can keep you from taking leave and stuff, but that's really it.

--your friendly neighborhood DC metro caveman

At Madigan, we only do PT on the days that it rains. :laugh:

Just kidding. I did not do a PT test only any of my ADTs. I was at BAMC, WBAMC, and MAMC.

Ed

edmadison said:
At Madigan, we only do PT on the days that it rains. :laugh:

Just kidding. I did not do a PT test only any of my ADTs. I was at BAMC, WBAMC, and MAMC.

Ed

At Madigan, what days doesn't it rain? :laugh:

It's only dry in the summer. This summer is much better than the last one for me. My lawn isn't dead yet.