You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
APhA - Annual - March 2011
Started by rxlea
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Who's going? Where is everyone staying? I need to find a place to stay but everything is so darn expensive!!
Holiday Inn! $93 a night.
D
deleted205891
I was briefly considering going, then looked at the flight prices today. Apparently the cheapest flight right now from Philly is $416! Maybe if it'll go down to about 250 (yeah right) then I'll go.
Why is Seattle so much more expensive than San Antonio (annual 2 years ago)? Yes it's farther, but it shouldn't be more than double the price.
Why is Seattle so much more expensive than San Antonio (annual 2 years ago)? Yes it's farther, but it shouldn't be more than double the price.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did your schools set up their Spring Break schedule so that students can attend APhA Annual without missing class?
D
deleted205891
Did your schools set up their Spring Break schedule so that students can attend APhA Annual without missing class?
Yeah right. They don't even set up rotations so we don't miss them for residency interviews.
The cheapest flight I can find is $440. According to the APhA website, the hotel prices range from about $150 per night to $250 per night.
Assuming a 15.6% occupancy tax like they state on the website
it might be close to:
$440.32 + $152.00 * 4 [3/25 ~ 3/28] + 15.6% of $152.00 ($23.72) * 4 [3/25 ~ 3/28] = $1143.20
This is expensive.
And if you add $190 for registration, it goes up to $1333.20
Assuming a 15.6% occupancy tax like they state on the website
it might be close to:
$440.32 + $152.00 * 4 [3/25 ~ 3/28] + 15.6% of $152.00 ($23.72) * 4 [3/25 ~ 3/28] = $1143.20
This is expensive.
And if you add $190 for registration, it goes up to $1333.20
Last edited:
D
deleted205891
Your schools don't get your hotel rooms reimbursed? Ours does at 4 people per room, with at least 20 people going most years.
I know some schools reimburse hotel+registration.
I know some schools reimburse hotel+registration.
Your schools don't get your hotel rooms reimbursed? Ours does at 4 people per room, with at least 20 people going most years.
I know some schools reimburse hotel+registration.
haha, this just means you pre-paid it via tuition. it's like schools giving "free iPads" to students.
They bumped ours completely off every other school's schedule. I have no idea how many people from my school will be attending, but if it's only something like 5%, is it worth it?Yeah right. They don't even set up rotations so we don't miss them for residency interviews.
Our profs moved all our exams/labs for us and we get reimbursed 200 bucks + the registration fee. Flights from here are $310 so that's not too bad. Some other mods gave me some ideas, too. But, seriously, if anyone (boy or girl) wants to split a room, I'm down for that. I am all about saving money and I probably won't be there much, anyway- just to sleep and shower.
D
deleted205891
I've been looking at flights, and I have to be on the plane for about 6-8 hours and have 1 or 2 stops on the way to Seattle. Orbitz said they don't have a flight that is non-stop. Maybe it's because I live about 1800 miles away from Seattle.
I live farther away, and there is a nonstop flight. It's $563 though.
Don't just look at Orbitz. Go on tripadvisor.com. It compares a bunch of different sites, and you can even check to have it compared with orbitz.
I live farther away, and there is a nonstop flight. It's $563 though.
Don't just look at Orbitz. Go on tripadvisor.com. It compares a bunch of different sites, and you can even check to have it compared with orbitz.
tripadvisor.com said there's not a non-stop flight from the closest airport to me to Seattle. My closest airport is not big enough to be an international airport.
I live farther away, and there is a nonstop flight. It's $563 though.
Don't just look at Orbitz. Go on tripadvisor.com. It compares a bunch of different sites, and you can even check to have it compared with orbitz.
yeah who the hell uses orbitz still...i'd advise kayak, bing travel (nee: farecast), and tripadvisor as listed above.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 24
- Views
- 3K