You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
APhA Annual Meeting 2012
Started by pharm B
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm going.
Are you renting a VW when you get there? 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you renting a VW when you get there?![]()
Nah, I went to New Orleans for ASHP. It's quite walkable. I don't know if I should stick to a major hotel or go into the French Quarter hotels again.
I am not going. 🙁
any benefits for a second year student?
Never have before, not going to start now.
I wish. its either finals week or the week before. in any event, no fun for me.
Never have before, not going to start now.
I would go if you were going... 😛
Going! The benefit for ANY student = networking, if you're into that.
Plus, you get a lot of free stuff!
But, really, I found it to be a lot of fun last year. It was great to bond with my classmates, professors, preceptors, and people that they introduced me to. There are some pretty informative session, IMO. We do get some reimbursement from our school for going and are required to attend certain sessions (all the main stuff). I sat in on other sessions with some preceptors, though. I really enjoyed it...then again, I am a nerd 😛
Plus, you get a lot of free stuff!

But, really, I found it to be a lot of fun last year. It was great to bond with my classmates, professors, preceptors, and people that they introduced me to. There are some pretty informative session, IMO. We do get some reimbursement from our school for going and are required to attend certain sessions (all the main stuff). I sat in on other sessions with some preceptors, though. I really enjoyed it...then again, I am a nerd 😛
I'm not going either.
Went to San Antonio in 2009, had a great time there. The Riverwalk is awesome.
Also went to DC in 2010. It was pretty....meh.
Didn't go to Seattle last year....I've spent most of my life less than a days drive away and I've been to Seattle more times than I can count. The meeting in 2010 was just OK and I didn't have a real reason to go to Seattle.
I'm not going to New Orleans either...I was just there in Dec (but not for Midyear) and didn't like the city all that much.
Went to San Antonio in 2009, had a great time there. The Riverwalk is awesome.
Also went to DC in 2010. It was pretty....meh.
Didn't go to Seattle last year....I've spent most of my life less than a days drive away and I've been to Seattle more times than I can count. The meeting in 2010 was just OK and I didn't have a real reason to go to Seattle.
I'm not going to New Orleans either...I was just there in Dec (but not for Midyear) and didn't like the city all that much.
I wanted to but I've been told it's not as beneficial for first years to go. Next year is LA I'll probably be going to that one.
Only beneficial thing for first years going is to hook up with 3rd year and 4th year guys.
Only beneficial thing for first years going is to hook up with 3rd year and 4th year guys.![]()
Hm, I didn't know you were into that. Cool. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm, I didn't know you were into that. Cool. 🙂
Lolzzzzzz
Yeah sparda... something you wanna share? 😛
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
I'll be there! In orange polo and all.😀
Isn't it around Mardi Gras time too? New Orleans would be going insane.
Ash Wednesday is February 22nd. The day before that is the end of Mardi Gras.Isn't it around Mardi Gras time too? New Orleans would be going insane.
considering going this year; anyone else?
There's already a thread for this.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=965181
Similar threads
- Replies
- 24
- Views
- 3K