APMLE Part 2 - Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2024 NYCPM AMPLE Part 2 pass rate 94% (first time takers)

Members don't see this ad.

2024 NYCPM AMPLE Part 2 pass rate 94% (first time takers)
Did you guys take a pre-test for APMLE part 2 where you have to pass that before you take it?

Otherwise, I don't understand how some schools could have 94% and others have 80%. That difference is quite large.

Did New York students take time off for boards part 2? Some schools don't do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I still don't know how I passed the test. I did not study but I will say, paying attention and actively learning was helpful in answering most of the questions. A good 30% of the exam was asinine and it even had questions where they forgot to upload the radiographs. "Using the image below, select the diagnosis." The ones with radiographs were images that I am confident was taken off an obscura...
TLDR? Dont over study... read watkins, pay attention during rotations and externship, be ready for a garbage exam...

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, I still don't know how I passed the test. I did not study but I will say, paying attention and actively learning was helpful in answering most of the questions. A good 30% of the exam was asinine and it even had questions where they forgot to upload the radiographs. "Using the image below, select the diagnosis." The ones with radiographs were images that I am confident was taken off an obscura...
TLDR? Dont over study... read watkins, pay attention during rotations and externship, be ready for a garbage exam...
I don't know how anyone could ever pass that board without studying.

You basically need some level of high yield question sources because the questions are so random and full of trivia you couldn't possibly know the answers to some of those questions because of how bizarrely random they are.

But if you legit passed boards without any studying or ever seeing a list of high yield questions, I would consider you either a genius or someone with a near photographic memory of random trivia bullets you came across just looking materials over, or extremely lucky, or a mix of all three.

Reactions: 1 users
Passed first time around. Did 3 weeks of dedicated study time. I read Watkin's one time through, Prism, Crozer, and McGlamry's anesthesia section. I also did all of the Board Vitals one time through and read all of the explanations. Honestly, this exam was super poorly worded and I felt like Board Vitals wasn't the best resource like everyone hypes it to be for this exam. I probably overstudied. My exam was super biomechanics heavy.

Reactions: 2 users
Passed first time around. Did 3 weeks of dedicated study time. I read Watkin's one time through, Prism, Crozer, and McGlamry's anesthesia section. I also did all of the Board Vitals one time through and read all of the explanations. Honestly, this exam was super poorly worded and I felt like Board Vitals wasn't the best resource like everyone hypes it to be for this exam. I probably overstudied. My exam was super biomechanics heavy.
You are a good student... you need maybe a week max for pt2, even less part 3.
Part 1 is maybe a month or two (won't hurt you to know anat/med well going into clinical years anyways).
Unless ppl were really sleeping through pod school, the Apmle just aren't an issue.

The only exams in podiatry that are tough are Abfas qual... so treat the Abfas in-trainings like a real test.

The Apmle, Abpm, etc exams are all minimal competency.

Reactions: 1 user
@Robin-jay I would say its a combination of luck. I don't have photographic memory and nowhere near a genius. I think the exam has trivial questions but the answer choices can be pretty easy to deduce down to 2-3 solid choices and I think that's where the luck part comes in. Other questions were pretty straightforward. So I'll rephrase, if you can nail the gimme questions, have somewhat of a baseline on understanding podiatry pathology, and get lucky with a good exam w/ a curve, you should be fine. But I also know really smart students that failed. Like I said, I didn't think I passed. I barely got any studying done. No dedicated time off and I was in a program where I was on call the entire month working anywhere from 6am - 1am every day so it was rough. I didn't even get the day off prior to the test. I did go through Watkins and Feet By Flowers a few times but that was just me studying during externships.

I agree w/ @Feli 100%.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users