Appalachian College of Pharmacy 2012 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Recoverer

Poppin' Bottles
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I didn't see a thread for this school for 2013 matriculation. This school is only about a 2 hour drive from where I live and I love the fact that it is small and accelerated.

Good luck to everyone applying here. I have already mailed in my supplemental.:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I didn't see a thread for this school for 2013 matriculation. This school is only about a 2 hour drive from where I live and I love the fact that it is small and accelerated.

Good luck to everyone applying here. I have already mailed in my supplemental.:D

Have you visited the campus before?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're on top of your game. I'm applying here this year. Haven't submitted yet though. Have you heard anything yet??

So how big is this town? I can't even find Oakwood on Google.

Have you talked to them about the 150 hours of community service a year?

hi guys! Sorry about the late reply.

So how big is this town? I can't even find Oakwood on Google.

Tommyvoltage its in Grundy VA. very very small town. but the people there are nice.

Have you talked to them about the 150 hours of community service a year?

no, but I am not worried about that.

You're on top of your game. I'm applying here this year. Haven't submitted yet though. Have you heard anything yet??

Thanks. Well i haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully sometime soon!! I am gonna check last years thread to get an approximate time.

Have you visited the campus before?

i have visited the town before. Ive got friends who go there. The school is just a single building and ive already seen a photo of it!

It's so great to meet you guys. I'm applying to Appalachian as well as i only live about 40 minutes from there in Bluefield. Probably going to be submitting my apps this week.
Wishing you guys luck!
Let me know when you hear anything back!:D

Thanks and best of luck to you too!

Has anyone heard anything from them yet? I'm dying of anticipation.

They recieved my supplemental application today and it's currently under review! :xf:
Hope we all hear from them soon! :)

I'm thinking about applying here, is there actually things to do around here and stuff..? Like apartments supermarkets..? There's like no wikipedia article on the city.. and it's surrounded in green areas.

I'm thinking about applying here, is there actually things to do around here and stuff..? Like apartments supermarkets..? There's like no wikipedia article on the city.. and it's surrounded in green areas.
Kobe. There is a lot of stuff to do if your an outdoors person. I just got an interview invite for December the 8th! anyone else gonna be there?:D

I also received an interview invite but had to reschedule so I will be there in January! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:

I am preparing my butt off for this interview! I really love this school! Good luck in Jan!

Hey, I also got an interview here in December, How are you preparing for the interview? Got any good advice?

I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck on your interview! :xf:

Thanks! you all rock! ;).

Hey, I also got an interview here in December, How are you preparing for the interview? Got any good advice?

Hey! just look at the links on my sig. Im just gonna use the interview feedback section in sdn. Lots of good questions. Im just worried if you look on their website it says there will be a critical thinking test/essay? :scared:
http://www.acp.edu/index.php?cID=331

but I know you will do fine!:D

Good luck to those that got an interview! Ima a current P1, so if any question, feel free to ask.

Good luck to those that got an interview! Ima a current P1, so if any question, feel free to ask.

Ooh me me me I have a question...lol jk :)
How do you find this school so far; merits and demerits?
How is life on campus and any insider information you think is essential for anyone applying to this school to know?

Thanks in advance!

Have anyone else heard anything yet? I still waiting for PharmCAS to mail my application. It's seriously taking forever!

Congrats guys! Do yall know if yall are the first round of interviews or not?? I submitted everything already but it is still under review...*crossfingers*:xf: I wonder when the next round of interview is going to be.

I have an interview invitation for the 26th of January, 2013.

I have an interview invitation for the 26th of January, 2013.

my interview invitation is on the same date. Is it snowing in VA right now?? I'm from CA. I've never driven in the snow before.... reading from ppl's feedback "Treacherous mountain roads that has many twists and turns. Think of Gran Turismo but out in the Appalachia mountains where things get grim and gray. Remember to fill your tank up in Wyethville or along the way or else you may get stranded." now i'm worried :(

my interview invitation is on the same date. Is it snowing in VA right now?? I'm from CA. I've never driven in the snow before.... reading from ppl's feedback "Treacherous mountain roads that has many twists and turns. Think of Gran Turismo but out in the Appalachia mountains where things get grim and gray. Remember to fill your tank up in Wyethville or along the way or else you may get stranded." now i'm worried :(

I got offered to 26th as well from Cali but i have another interview on same day

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

It's not bad at all. ive seen this same comment. Ive never filled up onoce. People there are super nice and its just one road that you just follow to the school. Super easy to navigate. There are plenty of twists and turns but people drive pretty slow. Good program

How long did it take everyone to hear back after sending in your application? I've received an email saying that they have reviewed my application for missing prereq (I have alll the required classes) but I haven't heard anything else from them and its been a week since the last email...

Has anyone heard anything from the Jan. 26th interview day? It usually takes a week but I have not received a letter yet.

Just got my acceptance email this morning but I will be declining. I interviewed on 1/26. Congratulations to those who have been accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting! I hope everyone hears some good news soon :)

I received my letter today also. Hold List.

So ive applied to several pharmacy schools and gotten an interview into one (Howard University march 23) i found out about three days ago that Appalachian was a three year program and was looking to apply... The deadline is on friday and im still waiting to see if my Cell Bio course will cover there micro bio requirement. Assuming it does and I finish applying tomorrow these are my stats

2.8 GPA
76 PCAT

Where do you guys think i stand? And hello everyone

So ive applied to several pharmacy schools and gotten an interview into one (Howard University march 23) i found out about three days ago that Appalachian was a three year program and was looking to apply... The deadline is on friday and im still waiting to see if my Cell Bio course will cover there micro bio requirement. Assuming it does and I finish applying tomorrow these are my stats

2.8 GPA
76 PCAT

Where do you guys think i stand? And hello everyone

Pretty good

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

I know they had interviews on March 2nd, but I am still on the hold list now. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed on March 2, and was told we should expect to start hearing in about 2 weeks. I read over previous posts, and it seems like the average was between 10-12 days. I've even seen some posts at 7 days from interview to notice of acceptance, but I don't know how much faith I would put in that timeline! :luck:

Last edited: