Appalachian College of Pharmacy 2012 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on March 2, and was told we should expect to start hearing in about 2 weeks. I read over previous posts, and it seems like the average was between 10-12 days for previous posts. I've even seen some posts at 7 days from interview to notice of acceptance, but I don't know how much faith I would put in that timeline! :luck:

I interviewed on 12/8. Accepted on 12/15 (got the letter in snail mail) just FYI, their acceptance letter is a tiny yellow envelope and looks like a rejection letter. So dont flip out before opening

Members don't see this ad.

LOL, Recoverer! I was reading a lot of your posts about your experiences with the interview, and acceptance before I went to my interview, so I was probably less anxious going in than if I had no previous insight.

LOL, Recoverer! I was reading a lot of your posts about your experiences with the interview, and acceptance before I went to my interview, so I was probably less anxious going in than if I had no previous insight.

:thumbup::cool:

i am a hundred percent sure you'll get accepted. As long as you don't do anything super unprofessional. Trust me. The day of my interview, I was sweating, shaking, and basically an all around nervous wreck. I still got in. They said the answers I gave to their interview questions were new to them and they probably thought I was unique in my own way.

ps....i also ate like 6 sandwiches during their free lunch...yeah, don't do that

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup::cool:

i am a hundred percent sure you'll get accepted. As long as you don't do anything super unprofessional. Trust me. The day of my interview, I was sweating, shaking, and basically an all around nervous wreck. I still got in. They said the answers I gave to their interview questions were new to them and they probably thought I was unique in my own way.

ps....i also ate like 6 sandwiches during their free lunch...yeah, don't do that

I think the one question they asked that got me kind of spiraling was from the instructor panel, and then I had 2 more questions after that one that I felt like turned into a giant mess but they smiled the whole time at me, so either I was entertaining them or they genuinely liked me! I am not going to try to think one way or another though until I get something in the mail. Overall, I don't think I was as nervous as I was scared of everything that was happening. I was in the second interview group, so I did not have an opportunity to hear how others did before I went to mine. It felt like it went really fast, though. The students that interviewed me said "Oh that's a great answer" and things like that after each answer I gave.

Overall, everyone there was very nice.

6 sandwiches!?!?! I had a bowl of the soup and it was good, but it was all I could do to eat it since I'd just finished my interviews and was probably in a state of shock!

I think the one question they asked that got me kind of spiraling was from the instructor panel, and then I had 2 more questions after that one that I felt like turned into a giant mess but they smiled the whole time at me, so either I was entertaining them or they genuinely liked me! I am not going to try to think one way or another though until I get something in the mail. Overall, I don't think I was as nervous as I was scared of everything that was happening. I was in the second interview group, so I did not have an opportunity to hear how others did before I went to mine. It felt like it went really fast, though. The students that interviewed me said "Oh that's a great answer" and things like that after each answer I gave.

Overall, everyone there was very nice.

6 sandwiches!?!?! I had a bowl of the soup and it was good, but it was all I could do to eat it since I'd just finished my interviews and was probably in a state of shock!

:laugh:haha Yeah I had soup and 6 sandwiches. Being nervous makes me hungry. I'm sure you did fine! I was the LAST person to interview so all pressure was on me. my student and faculty panel were super nice. I had the same experiences as you as I almost went off on a tangent but then saved myself LOL. Anyways. Good luck!:luck:

:laugh:haha Yeah I had soup and 6 sandwiches. Being nervous makes me hungry. I'm sure you did fine! I was the LAST person to interview so all pressure was on me. my student and faculty panel were super nice. I had the same experiences as you as I almost went off on a tangent but then saved myself LOL. Anyways. Good luck!:luck:

Thank you! I understand the nervousness vs. hunger response! One of my instructors was actually adcom I found out later, and he was the one that asked me the question that rattled me so much.

I am becoming anxious about the daily contents of my mailbox as Saturday (tomorrow) will make 7 days since I interviewed. I know they said 2 weeks, but maybe I will be one of the few that get to know earlier!

Thank you! I understand the nervousness vs. hunger response! One of my instructors was actually adcom I found out later, and he was the one that asked me the question that rattled me so much.

I am becoming anxious about the daily contents of my mailbox as Saturday (tomorrow) will make 7 days since I interviewed. I know they said 2 weeks, but maybe I will be one of the few that get to know earlier!

Pharmgrl. I would not fret if I were you. I know some P1s who attend there right now. They told me before the night of my interview that basically the adcoms are looking for someone who is sincere and genuine in really becoming a pharmacist. The ACP adcoms are not there to grill you, they just want to get to know you better. I felt really relaxed and my interviewers were more conversational than an interrogation. I will be praying for your good news! :thumbup:

Pharmgrl. I would not fret if I were you. I know some P1s who attend there right now. They told me before the night of my interview that basically the adcoms are looking for someone who is sincere and genuine in really becoming a pharmacist. The ACP adcoms are not there to grill you, they just want to get to know you better. I felt really relaxed and my interviewers were more conversational than an interrogation. I will be praying for your good news! :thumbup:

Thank you for the support! I am trying not to fret over it, I did enough of that after the interviews...rethinking things I said or should have said differently, etc. Can't change any of it now, so I am over that. Now it's the waiting to find out that is kind of kicking in!

I flat out told the instructor panel that "I want this", and that I've been working toward it for a very long time! That was one of those thoughts that was not really thought before it fell out of my mouth! :eek: Sometimes directness is a good thing!

Thank you for the well wishes, and kind words

:luck:

It usually doesn't take much longer than a week, but they are on spring break this week so it could be longer.

Thank you for the support! I am trying not to fret over it, I did enough of that after the interviews...rethinking things I said or should have said differently, etc. Can't change any of it now, so I am over that. Now it's the waiting to find out that is kind of kicking in!

I flat out told the instructor panel that "I want this", and that I've been working toward it for a very long time! That was one of those thoughts that was not really thought before it fell out of my mouth! :eek: Sometimes directness is a good thing!

Thank you for the well wishes, and kind words

:luck:

You know what they say "we are our own worst critics". Same thing about taking a test, you always think you did worse than you actually did. Just relax! Good luck!

And you are correct, Directness is a GOOD thing because it implies honesty. When I interviewed at UNE, They asked me why pharmacy and I said part of it was because of the salary. The interviewer told me I was the first person to give that honest answer...Accepted LOL. I know they will see your assertiveness.

Interviewing April 6th! What is the interview like? How long? What type of questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing April 6th! What is the interview like? How long? What type of questions?

The interview is laid back, but organized. You will get an itinerary of the events, and everything was pretty close to the schedule when I went in early March.

As others have said, relax. The questions that are asked are to get to know you, not for you to suck up. I would say to try to have original answers and not just what you think they want to hear (chances are, they're hearing a lot of the same answers from different people).

There is a schedule of when you will be interviewed that you get when you arrive. There were interviews going as late as 2:30 when I was there (mine was earlier in the day).

Good luck :luck:

Hey! I'm also interviewing on 4/6. does anyone know what a palm test is?! I tried google but didn't really come up with much...

is this interview open or closed file?

thanks in advance!

No specific details, but you will have a writing prompt and a test.

Not yet. Interviewed 3.23.13 and hoping to get in. Anyone else hear back from this interview day?

Who is on there way to interview tomorrow? And where are you coming from?

Im driving from miami!

Did anybody receive their immunization form for Acp on their interview day or was anybody told to start their immunization shots like their already in ?

Did u hear back yet from the 03/02/13 interview ? Did u receive any immunisation form in your file that day ?

Hey Everyone! I just got accepted last week and am now looking for housing . Where exactly do most student live? Are there places close to the school, everything seems to be Vansant.

Withdrew my application after interview invite. Wishing you all the best! :)

Has anyone been accepted from the hold list?

Hello,
I kno the waiting game suck but thought i share some good/bad news wit you guys. i am a current student at the school.
I believed that april 6th was the last interview for the year, they may have another on april 20th but it all depends if invited students take the invitation to the school. On wednesday, i was talking with 1 of the admission committee members and that person says that their were 20 seats available.

GL and take care!

The waiting game is definitely nerve racking. This is my second year on the hold list and I have been on it since Jan. Hoping to hear something soon. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone got a May 4th interview?

Did anyone hear back from the April 6th Interview?? Been 2 weeks already!

Did anyone hear back from the April 6th Interview?? Been 2 weeks already!
I received an email from Certiphi saying that I'd been "conditionally accepted" to a school and to fill out a form so they can do a background check on me. Since ACP is the only school that it could be, I'm assuming that I got in. I'm guessing I'll get an email from ACP on Monday? Who knows...

I received an email from Certiphi saying that I'd been "conditionally accepted" to a school and to fill out a form so they can do a background check on me. Since ACP is the only school that it could be, I'm assuming that I got in. I'm guessing I'll get an email from ACP on Monday? Who knows...

From what i read this school sends a letter not an email.

i didnt get anything from the background check i was reading from previous forums and some people got letters before background checks and others vice versa.

Hey guys! I have an interview May 4th. who else does? I think we are the last ones.

Lol, they have so many people on Hold. I wish they would take us off and accept us :)

I am also on hold. The wait is so stressful.

Is this school your number one choice? When did you interview? Waiting is hard, but hopefully it will pay off!

Is this school your number one choice? When did you interview? Waiting is hard, but hopefully it will pay off!

Yes, I will definitely be going here if accepted. I interviewed on Jan. 26th, but this is my second year applying and I was on hold last year too, so I feel like I have been waiting forever.

Yes, I will definitely be going here if accepted. I interviewed on Jan. 26th, but this is my second year applying and I was on hold last year too, so I feel like I have been waiting forever.

Well, if they didn't reject you last year, that could be a good sign, right!?! I hope you do get in this time!

If I may ask, did you submit the same personal statement last year and this year?

I'm sorry that you have been waiting for so long. I interviewed on March 2.

Well, if they didn't reject you last year, that could be a good sign, right!?! I hope you do get in this time!

If I may ask, did you submit the same personal statement last year and this year?

I'm sorry that you have been waiting for so long. I interviewed on March 2.

Thanks! I used the same statement. We should hear something by the middle of May. It is my understanding that those who are on the hold list are moved to an alternate list when the class is filled. If someone decides to give up their seat, applicants will be pulled from the alternate list and we could be called up until the first day of class.

Thanks! I used the same statement. We should hear something by the middle of May. It is my understanding that those who are on the hold list are moved to an alternate list when the class is filled. If someone decides to give up their seat, applicants will be pulled from the alternate list and we could be called up until the first day of class.

Yes, that is my understanding as well. I have been told that after each interview, they review those of us that are on hold as well as the files they just interviewed. Perhaps after this interview in May, we will hear something good!