Appealing a grade (pre req for Pharmacy school)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needadvicepls

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to pharmacy school. However I had one pre req left this summer, part 2 of human anatomy. I was well on my way to passing the course except for a few personal issues. Such as my grand father passing away, working full time, and my car dying.
I also have anxiety attacks, the pharmacy I work at was robbed a few months ago (pretty much, it was been a tough year)
There was a portion of the course that needed an email invite from the instructor. However, throughout the course, the instructor was unresponsive to my emails. When I asked for the email invite in person he said he never received my email and added me. There are only three discussion in the course two of which I was not able to finish (I was having a hard time with my grand father's passing, it was sudden) In passing I heard another student speak to him about discussions, they were already due but he said it can be submitted for partial credit. There is no late policy on his syllabus for discussion and only a late policy on turning in labs. So at then end of the quarter I pushed and completed all three. I emailed him as well asking for partial credit for the first two. He did not answer. He graded the third and left a comment that he will not grade the first two.
I am at a c- and need a c for pharmacy school.
My exams were not great, but it showed steady improvement throughout the quarter. I finished the final with a 75.
I went to talk to him, expressing my concern and asking for advice earlier in the course because I needed this course for pharmacy school or my acceptance would be rescinded. He showed little care. He even said that it was not his office hours right now and I should come another day.
He took away one exam at the last minute and said there will only be a final (leaving little room for me to improve my grade) with the final and if he had graded my discussion I would have been C, C+. I could not electronically turn in work (from my school, because I needed to leave for mandatory orientation) so I had to finish the last week and half work of school work and turn it in early, he would not accept electronic copies and require the paper copies.
But now I don't know where my grade stands and he does not answer any of my emails, but he was still able to send out mass emails to the class, so I am quite sure he received mine?
Has anyone here appealed a grade successfully? What about pharmacy school possibly letting you finish a course the summer of P1 year?

Members don't see this ad.

"He took away one exam at the last minute and said there will only be a final"

If the exam he took away was in the syllabus, this may be grounds for an appeal.

It sounds like this prof is unlikely to come through for you. I would be emailing the pharmacy school to find out if they will let you attend with your C-.

If the exam he took away was in the syllabus, this may be grounds for an appeal.

It sounds like this prof is unlikely to come through for you. I would be emailing the pharmacy school to find out if they will let you attend with your C-.

thank you!

This. The pharmacy school wants your money, and it's probably too late to fill your seat with someone else this fall. If you explain your circumstances (grandfather passing, etc.) they might let it slide. A C- isn't great, but it's not like you straight up failed, or just didn't take the course.