PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was also waiting for you to hear, since you'd mentioned it was one you were anxiously awaiting. What I can say is that the email I received was quite personalized, so perhaps invites are taking longer to send out? Fingers crossed for you.

Thank you! I appreciate your response so much. I will certainly share when I finally hear!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Official Site Name: Northern California VA
Date Invitation Received: 11/30
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/2, 1/3, 1/7, 1/15, and 1/17

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: University of Arizona College of Medicine
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): child/adolescent track
Offered Interview Dates: all via Skype, scheduled in December

Reactions: 4 users
Official Site Name: Washington DC VA
Date Invitation Received: 11/30/2018
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone Call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General
Offered Interview Dates: 1-3, 1-4, 1-7, 1-8
How am I staying sane: Throwing myself into my dissertations.

Congratulations! It’s good to know they are sending out notifications already, it is earlier than I expected. Hopefully I’ll hear from them at some point today. Also hoping the Phoenix VA will put me out of my misery today haha. They sent out invites a long time ago, but no rejections from what I’ve seen. Luckily their notification deadline is today so it would be nice for the suspense to be over

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone hear from this one for the General Track yet?

Congratulations! It’s good to know they are sending out notifications already, it is earlier than I expected. Hopefully I’ll hear from them at some point today. Also hoping the Phoenix VA will put me out of my misery today haha. They sent out invites a long time ago, but no rejections from what I’ve seen. Luckily their notification deadline is today so it would be nice for the suspense to be over

Thanks! I should say I’m just guessing it’s a personal email. It’s not addressed to me but it seems like it’s just sent to me. I could be wrong though. Hope you hear from them soon!

The suspense is certainly the problematic element! Most sites I have not yet heard from have notification deadlines of 12/14-12/15, with a few between now and then. But those who have already sent a wave of invites are my biggest concern.

Reactions: 2 users
Already googled the pricing of Savannah Cats. New life goal!
It was my life goal too lol. There are Facebook pages "Savannah Cat Enthusiasts" and Savannah kittens for sale: classifieds" where you can learn about the breed see a million photos and see what some common pricing is. Some are stupid expensive, but later generations can be reasonable priced :)

Received a phone call from a Texas area code. I'm waiting on several Texas sites.

My heart stopped.

Student loan spam call.....

WHY!!! WHY!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an invite via phone for Mississippi State Hospital. They said they will email with the dates soon. Does anyone else feel like they are awkward on these phone calls? I said “I was just about to walk into class so you had perfect timing” and “it was nice to meet you guys over the phone!” ‍♀️ or am I overthinking this?!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Received a phone call from a Texas area code. I'm waiting on several Texas sites.

My heart stopped.

Student loan spam call.....

WHY!!! WHY!!!!

This has been the past two weeks for me. Spam phone calls coincidentally increase AND originate from the cities to which I applied? Seems fishy.

Official Site Name: University of Arizona College of Medicine
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): child/adolescent track
Offered Interview Dates: all via Skype, scheduled in December
CONGRATS!

Has anyone received invites to the adult track?

Just received an invite via phone for Mississippi State Hospital. They said they will email with the dates soon. Does anyone else feel like they are awkward on these phone calls? I said “I was just about to walk into class so you had perfect timing” and “it was nice to meet you guys over the phone!” ‍♀️ or am I overthinking this?!

I think what you said is completely fine! I have been dreading a phone call for invites because I always seem to second guess what I say on the phone compared to when I actually speak to someone in person.

Gosh darn it, I thought I got this one. I know you indicated that it was a personal email you received. Can you let me know if the email was addressed to your actual email address? Or did they create an email list like most sites do?

Anybody else hear from them?

Official Site Name: American Lake, Puget Sound VA
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal Email
Dates offered: 1/8/19
How are you keeping sane: Cats!

I had given up on this site when I saw someone post about it yesterday. But there may still be some hope!

Official Site Name: Mary A. Rackham Institute Internship Program at University of Michigan
Date Invitation Received: 11/29
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): email didn't specify
Offered Interview Dates: 12/20, 1/10, 1/17
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Working out and wedding planning =]

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal Email

I had given up on this site when I saw someone post about it yesterday. But there may still be some hope!

Me too - congrats!

Oh good lord I have heard nothing all day and it’s killing me! Most of them have sent out invites but I haven’t been rejected yet, I just need to know like yesterday!

Reactions: 3 users

Yay! I got it this morning too. Phew!

Geisinger sent out another round of invites for neuro!! It’s a birthday miracle! *happy dance*

Reactions: 8 users
The suspense is certainly the problematic element! Most sites I have not yet heard from have notification deadlines of 12/14-12/15, with a few between now and then. But those who have already sent a wave of invites are my biggest concern.

I am in the same position. It will honestly be quite agonizing if the majority of these sites wait until mid-December to send rejections when they sent invites in mid-November.

Mass rejection email from Patton State Hospital *cries*

Official Site Name: Mississippi State Hospital
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone call followed by email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Did this one have tracks? I don't remember. Forensic if so.
Dates offered: 12/14, 01/11, 01/14
How are you keeping sane: Spending way too much money on flights, hotels, and rental cars.

I am in the same position. It will honestly be quite agonizing if the majority of these sites wait until mid-December to send rejections when they sent invites in mid-November.

"Agonizing" would be the perfect word to describe that scenario. And if, further, there is not another wave of invites between now and then, the waiting would have been completely unnecessary (unless they expected people to cancel interviews within a couple weeks).

Official Site Name: Patton State Hospital
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass e-mail
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General e-mail to all tracks
Dates offered: 2/14, 12/20, 1/4, 1/7, 1/9, 1/10, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, and 1/28
How are you keeping sane: Definitely not.

ETA: YAYYY! I really wanted this one!

posting for a friend: Eastern Virginia Medical Center sent rejection letters today

Official Site Name: Yale School of Medicine
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult DBT
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7, 1/11, 1/14

To other who got this, are we supposed to wait to respond to schedule?

Asking for a friend - has anyone heard either way from Pittsburgh Counseling Center?

Official Site Name: Mississippi State Hospital
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone call followed by email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Did this one have tracks? I don't remember. Forensic if so.
Dates offered: 12/14, 01/11, 01/14
How are you keeping sane: Spending way too much money on flights, hotels, and rental cars.

Congrats! Still holding out hope for this one

Re: Durham Va...

I believe their brochure said interview notifications by the 27th but rejections by December 15. So I assume no invite on the 27th = rejection.

Rejections from Durham VA are due no later than 12/5 according to their brochure.

Really hoping McLean comes out today! They’ve always done it 11/30 but they changed their notification date to 12/7 on APPIC and I heard they are a bit behind. Fingers crossed!!!

If a site has a notification date listed on the APPIC directory do they have to send out invitations by that date? or do they still have until the 15th?

Mass rejection email from Patton... my first actual rejection notice, it’s surely a punch to my ego lol

If a site has a notification date listed on the APPIC directory do they have to send out invitations by that date? or do they still have until the 15th?

Consider that date aspirational. Sometimes things come up. Most will, but many may be later.

Has anyone heard anything from UNC SOM (other than women’s mental health track)? I saw that they sent out rejections on 12/3 in the past (and invites in the days prior)... so I’m feeling a little concerned that if I don’t hear today it’s bad news bears.

Has anyone heard anything from UNC SOM (other than women’s mental health track)? I saw that they sent out rejections on 12/3 in the past (and invites in the days prior)... so I’m feeling a little concerned that if I don’t hear today it’s bad news bears.

I’m waiting on them too for behavioral medicine/health psych (whatever the track is called). I don’t think that track has invites out yet, at least it hasn’t been announced on here.