APPIC Interview Invitation Thread (2021)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does being from the same town/area help this year. What does everyone think?

Probably not at most places. At past sites, we have specifically discussed ways to limit local students so as not to create the impression that a program only takes local students. In large cities, it's going to happen, but it definitely did not give people a leg up, if anything, it hurt your chances (in the past we were able to limit the # of students accepted from a program in our match list).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't seen this one posted yet...

Official Site Name: Boise VAMC
Date Invitation Received: 11/23
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuro Track
Interview Dates Offered: 1/8, 1/15, 1/22
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: dancing, data analysis for dissertation

Reactions: 6 users
Official Site Name: Central Texas Veterans HCS
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): considered for all, but applied for Austin specifically
Interview Dates Offered: 12/11, 12/15, 12/18, 1/8
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: hot tea & my furry, four-legged co-worker as I work from home

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reallyyyyyyyyy hoping that some sort of news comes out of this week before Thanksgiving 😫 Tryna concentrate on the discussion section of this paper written but keep feeling pulled to refresh my email instead!

Reactions: 7 users
Official Site Name: VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) (Nashville VAMC)
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General
Interview Dates Offered: 12/4, 12/10, 12/17, 1/5
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Feeling the stress but bicycling and jogging have helped!
Have you received your interview date confirmation yet? It's confusing to confirm that I selected the right date with the hidden Doodle poll. I'm also not sure if I should send a thank you email now or later.

Official Site Name: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Autism Services Program and Children's Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services
Interview Dates Offered: 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/11, 1/13
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: College Football!

Reactions: 3 users
Official site name: Nemours/A.I. duPont Hospital for Children
Date invitation received: 11/23/20, 7:00 AM CST
Method of invitation: Mass email
Track: Pediatric Psychology
Dates: 12/11, 1/4, 1/15

As a side note, received an official rejection from Nationwide (mass email) and suspected (but unconfirmed) rejections from Baylor College of Med and Children's Mercy.
Same boat. I am also suspecting a rejection from Baylor since they sent out invites last week. Will see.

Official Site Name: Geisinger Medical Center
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult clinical and health
Interview Dates Offered: 12/18, 1/4, 1/11, 1/15
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: I'm not

Has anyone gotten a rejection yet from Emory or Mass Gen/Harvard for Neuro? I've heard about a few interview offers for both but haven't yet heard either way.

Congrats! Hoping to hear from their neuropsych tracks soon, fingers crossed for this one

Reactions: 1 users
Official Site Name: Charleston Consortium/MUSC
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): I applied for child & traumatic stress
Interview Dates Offered: Fridays: December 4th, 11th, 18th; January 8th, 15th, 22nd; Mondays: December 7th, 14th; January 4th, 11th, 25th; Saturday: January 9th
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: pizza

Reallyyyyyyyyy hoping that some sort of news comes out of this week before Thanksgiving 😫 Tryna concentrate on the discussion section of this paper written but keep feeling pulled to refresh my email instead!

I am in the same boat! I was feel pretty anxious for a few weeks and haven't been able to concentrate on anything! But I think i've finally started to habituate to this feeling. Probably because I have a few reports for practicum + my discussion for my dissertation and another for a manuscript lol. No time to even procrastinate :dead:

Binge watching the masked singer has also helped get my mind off of things lol.

Has anyone received rejection emails from Mailman and Baylor? They sent out invites last week and I really need closure!

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: Massachusetts General Hospital
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Clinical Psychology/Adult Track
Interview Dates Offered: Was told my interview date was 1/4, but I know they mentioned other dates on their website.
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Writing papers, reading a book, replaying a video game!

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten a rejection yet from Emory or Mass Gen/Harvard for Neuro? I've heard about a few interview offers for both but haven't yet heard either way.
I applied Neuro for Mass Gen/Harvard and I haven't heard either way!

I am in the same boat! I was feel pretty anxious for a few weeks and haven't been able to concentrate on anything! But I think i've finally started to habituate to this feeling. Probably because I have a few reports for practicum + my discussion for my dissertation and another for a manuscript lol. No time to even procrastinate :dead:

Binge watching the masked singer has also helped get my mind off of things lol.
It's crazy how research can be so grounding at times actually haha, not sure if that is a popular or unpopular opinion but I was doing a bunch of repetitive data entry last week and it actually captured my attention for quite a while.

Also, ooooooo I haven't caught up on masked singer yet, I should really do that! For some reason all I've been watching lately are true crime and court case shows; maybe telling of how stressed, on my toes, and ambushed I've been feeling the last few weeks in this process 🙃

I can’t remember who asked but Loma Linda just confirmed my interview date

Did they specify which location? I heard from the Northeast location but my preference was for Central.

Official Site Name: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): child track
Interview Dates Offered: 12/7, 12/14, 12/21, 1/4, 1/11
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: family and nature

I haven’t heard back from many of the sites where I have applied. I’m getting really nervous!
I've heard back from 1/15. So 1 interview and 14 unknowns. I have not had one supervisor of mine say that this is concerning. If anything, I have been told anything before Thanksgiving week is really early and that sites have until December 15 so I should not be making any assumptions about any sites at this point. -- This was just what I have been hearing from multiple supervisors and peer's supervisors so maybe this will make you feel a bit better!!! You got this!! :)

It's crazy how research can be so grounding at times actually haha, not sure if that is a popular or unpopular opinion but I was doing a bunch of repetitive data entry last week and it actually captured my attention for quite a while.

Also, ooooooo I haven't caught up on masked singer yet, I should really do that! For some reason all I've been watching lately are true crime and court case shows; maybe telling of how stressed, on my toes, and ambushed I've been feeling the last few weeks in this process

Yes!! I’m eager to run participants to keep me busy. And crime/court shows, always.

Official Site Name: Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Psych
Interview Dates Offered: 1/5, 1/12, 1/19
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Coffee

Anyone heard from Central Regional Hospital yet? ...waiting anxiously...
I think people from the Forensic track heard because they have to do the USA Jobs app but I applied to neuropsych and haven't heard. There's still lots of time!

• Sad

Also, ooooooo I haven't caught up on masked singer yet, I should really do that! For some reason all I've been watching lately are true crime and court case shows; maybe telling of how stressed, on my toes, and ambushed I've been feeling the last few weeks in this process 🙃

Yes! I totally agree - it's nice to have something that requires some attention for distraction sake, but also not too much brain power lol

I didn't realize how much I actually would get into the show! I have been entirely way too invested in guessing who is in what costume haha

Have you received your interview date confirmation yet? It's confusing to confirm that I selected the right date with the hidden Doodle poll. I'm also not sure if I should send a thank you email now or later.
No, I haven't received a date confirmation. It sounded like they would disappear in Doodle when the slots were filled since the TD said to email them if there weren't any left. So I am assuming that the one I selected is the one I will keep. And I don't see any issues sending a thank you email now!

Official Site Name: Emory University School of Medicine
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General/Trauma Tracks
Interview Dates Offered: 12/16, 12/18, 1/7, 1/15
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: nope

Reactions: 8 users
I think that preparing the internship applications is easier in comparison to that of the grad school process. However, the competitiveness seems to be much higher and the whole matching aspect makes the stress much worse.
Really? I was told that statistically it is easier to be matched on internship than to be accepted to a PhD program, especially since the site to applicant ratio has gotten better the past couple of years. But I agree that the application process feels more manageable. It seems way more demystified than grad school apps.

No I haven’t received a rejection email from mailman yet
Has anyone received rejection emails from Mailman and Baylor? They sent out invites last week and I really need closure!
Silence from Baylor, didn't apply to Mailman. Just over here pretending I am not refreshing this page and my email every two minutes. SIGH. I know it is irrational and it is early but no sense can be talked into me at this point. Good luck!!! :)

• Care
Omg same. Really hopeful for at least one interview before thanksgiving!! 🤞🤞

Not here! I am waiting on them too.

I applied to the child elective but have not heard anything either way...

I've heard back from 1/15. So 1 interview and 14 unknowns. I have not had one supervisor of mine say that this is concerning. If anything, I have been told anything before Thanksgiving week is really early and that sites have until December 15 so I should not be making any assumptions about any sites at this point. -- This was just what I have been hearing from multiple supervisors and peer's supervisors so maybe this will make you feel a bit better!!! You got this!! :)
I have 1 rejection and still waiting to hear from the other 16. My supervisor was also not concerned, but maybe she was trying to keep me calm...

Official Site Name: OUHSC-OKCVA Consortium
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Psychology
Interview Dates Offered: 12/3, 12/7, 12/9, 12/16, 1/5, 1/7

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child Clinical

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass Email w/ my name populated
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): HSC Neuropsychology (there was a note that the VA Neuro position is no longer available due to a faculty change)

Reactions: 5 users
Ditto! But mine went to spam. Check your spam folders everyone!!

Official Site Name: Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Psych
Interview Dates Offered: 1/5, 1/12, 1/19
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: Coffee
Congratulations!!! I didn't hear from them.... I wonder if anyone else received rejection emails from them? I guess not hearing = rejection, but I'd love to receive any official rejection email to "close the case"...

OUHSC-OKCVA Consortium -- under consideration
Could someone help me understand what does it mean?

Although you were not on the list to be invited for an interview, we still remain interested in your application, and you are still under consideration for a position here. In the past, we have selected interns for positions whom we never invited for a visit, so please continue to keep our program in mind as potential internship placement. We hope you will rank our program on your ranking list to the National Matching Service.

• Sad
Same! Did anyone else who heard back from this site get an odd support ticket generated when they replied about scheduling? It seems like they're using an application management service and there weren't any other options for ways to contact the site, but I'm a little concerned my reply didn't go through.

OUHSC-OKCVA Consortium -- under consideration
Could someone help me understand what does it mean?

Although you were not on the list to be invited for an interview, we still remain interested in your application, and you are still under consideration for a position here. In the past, we have selected interns for positions whom we never invited for a visit, so please continue to keep our program in mind as potential internship placement. We hope you will rank our program on your ranking list to the National Matching Service.
I got the same. Basically, we can still rank the site because they'll still rank us but they're not going to interview us.

Reactions: 2 users
I did not get an odd support ticket response, I didn't get one back at all after I sent my preferences
Same! Did anyone else who heard back from this site get an odd support ticket generated when they replied about scheduling? It seems like they're using an application management service and there weren't any other options for ways to contact the site, but I'm a little concerned my reply didn't go through.

I got the same. Basically, we can still rank the site because they'll still rank us but they're not going to interview us.
I haven't received any emails like this (yet?) but is the assumption that this is the decision for all of those not interviewed or that there is another group of people that all receive rejections without being ranked by the site?