"Applicant Rank Order List Opening"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email from the NRMP today. I'm sure many of you did.

Do people actually confirm their ROLs days or weeks before the final deadline? I know I couldn't possibly.

Members don't see this ad.

Already certified my list. We're getting closer! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
All done. My list is in and I am ready to graduate.

Dude, you can certify and change later and certify again.

Pookies said:
Dude, you can certify and change later and certify again.
totally. i figure one can certify something on a preliminary basis and then recertify with changes later...i can only imagine that if you wait until the last second and then suddenly, your computer explodes.....

Wow that was fun. The process of individually searching the programs, picking the right one, and inputting them into the ROL was kind of a pain in the butt though. I can see myself getting all neurotic about double-checking, triple-checking, quadruple-checking that ROL just to make sure I didn't do anything foolish like accidentally click on CP only or whatever and making sure things are in the right order. This won't be as bad as my previous addiction to ADTS though :laugh:

For the PGY's out there, I'm curious as to how many times you shuffled your ROL before deciding on your final ROL.

I've shuffled and reshuffled on a near-daily basis, and now have 3 different versions of a ROL and none of them seem like the right one! :scared:

Ugh, I feel sick, how are we supposed to decide on the rank order??? I've changed my mind sooo many times, and what's pathetic is that I don't even know what my number one choice is. At best I have them broken down into tiers, but even that is prone to alteration. PLUS, I still have two more interviews, so it's going to get even MORE complicated. AHHH!

I feel your pain regarding settling down on a final ROL. #1 has always been #1 but it's #2-5 that keeps changing given impressions from recent interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deschutes, I'd like to know what the Oracle told you, particularly regarding a certain cold Midwestern program. The Oracle has been frustratingly silent for me.

Hey, maybe we could all pitch in to bring the Oracle to the path forum. We can all submit our programs, and it will spit out our ROLs.

been talking to some optho buddies who just matched. they're obviously relieved this is all over but talking to them about the process made me more nervous. why do we have to wait this long? this is inhumane.

AndyMilonakis said:
wow that was deep.
Mod, ban that quote!

;) :p

I'm resigning myself to the fact that it's not going to get any better - nobody is going to tell me anything and if they do I'm supposed to take them with a sack of salt anyway.

"It seems that every time we meet, I have nothing but bad news. I'm sorry about that, I surely am. But for what it's worth, you've made a believer out of me. Good luck, kiddo."

My point? Since when do I have a point.

deschutes said:
Mod, ban that quote!

;) :p

I'm resigning myself to the fact that it's not going to get any better - nobody is going to tell me anything and if they do I'm supposed to take them with a sack of salt anyway.

"It seems that every time we meet, I have nothing but bad news. I'm sorry about that, I surely am. But for what it's worth, you've made a believer out of me. Good luck, kiddo."

My point? Since when do I have a point.
Mindgames mindgames mindgames. Boo to the Match! :thumbdown:

Your point is that you're a pessimist...like me.

Can we use this old thread to talk about our rank order lists? I want to talk about mine but don't want to reveal any names, since it could jinx the natural order of things. So I'll provide mine, sort of:

#1 Moose College
#2 University of Green Mountain
#3 University of Lake Effect
#4 Rust Belt Clinic
#5 University of Frigid Midwest
#6 University of the Rockies
#7 Medical College of Bible Belt
#8 University of Near Saint Louis
#9 Wealthy Suburban Healthcare

Anyone else want to reveal their current ROL?

Stormjen, University of Lake Effect #3? You really did like them...As of right now I think University of Lake Effect is my #1...

joedogma said:
Stormjen, University of Lake Effect #3? You really did like them...As of right now I think University of Lake Effect is my #1...

Is this University of Lake Effect as in University of Lake Effect Sucks Donkey Balls?

Seriously, lake effect may suck donkey balls but it doesn't signify the end of the world. I've lived with it for 7 years. Yes, sometimes the lady of the lake throws SITV fits but she doesn't act up too often. Sometimes she can be pleasant. It's something that takes only one winter to get used to...then it's OK.

Dude...I thought I wouldn't have to worry about the lake effect with Pedro's protection and all...are you making campaign promises you can't keep?

joedogma said:
Dude...I thought I wouldn't have to worry about the lake effect with Pedro's protection and all...are you making campaign promises you can't keep?
*puts Pedro hat back on*

Pedro still offers you his protection.

Pedro defeated El Nino...he will show the lady of the lake who's daddy.

stormjen said:
Can we use this old thread to talk about our rank order lists? I want to talk about mine but don't want to reveal any names, since it could jinx the natural order of things. So I'll provide mine, sort of:

#1 Moose College
#2 University of Green Mountain
#3 University of Lake Effect
#4 Rust Belt Clinic
#5 University of Frigid Midwest
#6 University of the Rockies
#7 Medical College of Bible Belt
#8 University of Near Saint Louis
#9 Wealthy Suburban Healthcare

Anyone else want to reveal their current ROL?

OK I'll follow suit in the same tenor since I have no idea what your programs' identities are and I knew that was your intention :laugh:

#1 Bongtoke University
#2 Gambler's Anonymous University
#3 "Got Fiddy Cent?" University
#4 Traffic School Anyone? University
#5 Gonna Get Mah Cah Broken Into University
#6 Crushed Red Pepper Flaming Bunghole University
#7 "Got a Quarter?" University
#8 Gonna Buy A House, NOT! University
#9 Everybody Getting the Hell Outta Dodge! University
#10 You Ain't Got No Chance In Hell Matching Here University

joedogma said:

Cool, it definitely makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who liked U of LE. It is almost certain that I will end up there if neither of my first two programs want me, since they are accepting a ton of residents (7 I think), interviewing less than is typical (can't remember exactly how many, but definitely much less than the typical 10 per spot), and I doubt too many people will rank it first. So perhaps I will see you there in July! But I hope not, because I really really want to go to Moose College. :)

Stormjen I think I can figure out most of your places but Moose college is throwing me off a bit.

yaah said:
Stormjen I think I can figure out most of your places but Moose college is throwing me off a bit.

You wanted to go there too.

yaah said:
I figured that's what it was. I would have called it Granite College though. :oops:
I figured it out first! Like 2 hours ago!!! Gosh!

deschutes said:
I am never believing any of you again when you say your rank lists are final!

At least, not until the 23rd.

And maybe not even then! :mad:
You don't have to worry about that with me. The list I told you is pretty set.

I honestly can't remember if I changed mine a lot in the last few days before it was due. I know I thought about it though. I probably just changed a couple of my lower ranked programs because I was analyzing things way too much.

yaah said:
I honestly can't remember if I changed mine a lot in the last few days before it was due. I know I thought about it though. I probably just changed a couple of my lower ranked programs because I was analyzing things way too much.
yup, that's where i'm at.

AndyMilonakis said:
You don't have to worry about that with me. The list I told you is pretty set.
Why the heck would I worry? You're not going anywhere I'm going the last time I looked.

Misdirected angst aside, thank you :p

Honestly, I don't really care. It's not like I'm going to change my list based on how my fellow SDNers are changing theirs.

deschutes said:
Why the heck would I worry? You're not going anywhere I'm going the last time I looked.

Misdirected angst aside, thank you :p

Honestly, I don't really care. It's not like I'm going to change my list based on how my fellow SDNers are changing theirs.
true dat.

one shouldn't change their list based on what they see here for cryin' out loud.

stormjen said:
Cool, it definitely makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who liked U of LE. It is almost certain that I will end up there if neither of my first two programs want me, since they are accepting a ton of residents (7 I think), interviewing less than is typical (can't remember exactly how many, but definitely much less than the typical 10 per spot), and I doubt too many people will rank it first. So perhaps I will see you there in July! But I hope not, because I really really want to go to Moose College. :)

Moose college is close to the top on my list also...so beautiful in mooseland...

The problem with meese is that meeses like cold weather....although I am a penguin, I dislike cold weather...

However, this thread is fun and I have been wanting to post my list so here goes:

1. Playa's Play University
2. University of the Grassy Knoll
3. Sorority Girls University
4. University of the Vulcan
5. Mrs. Puffs Boating School

Pingu said:
The problem with meese is that meeses like cold weather....although I am a penguin, I dislike cold weather...

However, this thread is fun and I have been wanting to post my list so here goes:

1. Playa's Play University
2. University of the Grassy Knoll
3. Sorority Girls University
4. University of the Vulcan
5. Mrs. Puffs Boating School

I really liked Sorority Girls University but I got the sense that I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I liked it too, but I was worried about not being a size zero and 5'2..I felt WAY too tall for it

Pingu said:
I liked it too, but I was worried about not being a size zero and 5'2..I felt WAY too tall for it
Exactly...same here. I'm about a size 72 and i'm 4'5.5''

I've made a couple more changes to my ROL. Joedogma might be interested to know that I bumped U of Lake Effect up to 2nd. Still haven't gotten letters from either there nor Moose College. They obviously hate me. Time for a pity party.

my prelim rank list- sure to change:
1. University of Doobage
2. Armpit Clinic
3. Moose College
4. Armpit University
5. University of Lake Effect
6. Bling-bling University
7. Civil War Memorial University
8. Urban Decay University or Rank us 1 or You're Not Coming University

roach said:
my prelim rank list- sure to change:
1. University of Doobage
2. Armpit Clinic
3. Moose College
4. Armpit University
5. University of Lake Effect
6. Bling-bling University
7. Civil War Memorial University
8. Urban Decay University or Rank us 1 or You're Not Coming University

Ah ha ha! We're obviously ranking some of the same places, though in different orders. I think half your list is also on mine. I like some of your names better. No clue about your first one.

stormjen said:
I've made a couple more changes to my ROL. Joedogma might be interested to know that I bumped U of Lake Effect up to 2nd. Still haven't gotten letters from either there nor Moose College. They obviously hate me. Time for a pity party.

U of Lake Effect has a tendency to do that. It wasn't my first choice from the beginning but it has a way of creeping up there. Where Moose College has that immediate appeal, U of Lake Effect's appeal tends to linger and grow...(that was deep)

Univeristy of Doobage? Somewhere in California?

I am trying to figure out where lake effect is. Buffalo? Syracuse? Ohio?

Agreed that Doobage U must be somewhere in California or Oregon.

I think U of Lake Effect is Rochester.

jeff2005 said:
I think U of Lake Effect is Rochester.
Yeah, I think we agreed on this a while ago on the U of Rochester thread where we came to a consensus that the lake effect sucks donkey balls.