Application deferred by Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maggievp3311

Reaction score
Greetings! Just received a letter telling me that my application for OSU has been deferred. 518 mcat, 4.0 gpa, stong volunteer activities. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Send a letter of interest if they accept those? Send an update if you have anything significant to add?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In the same position and it stings. Best advice is to just take your mind off of it. Do something you have been too busy to do during the application process. Ex. I made and entered some draftking competitions for the first time this nfl season. Helped a little bit.

Greetings! Just received a letter telling me that my application for OSU has been deferred. 518 mcat, 4.0 gpa, stong volunteer activities. What should I do?
OSU takes a significant percentage of their class from the waitlist according to multiple posts on their SDN specific thread.

What issues are there with this school?
It's more a university problem as a whole. They hold students to a higher standard than their faculty which allows professors to pull bs to drop their averages in ways that don't reflect how well you know the material. The administration for the hospital is awful and everyone is quitting. Multiple floors are severely understaffed and administration is basically like "what can you do I guess" while their staff are flocking to Ohio health and Mount Carmel. Unless they do something drastic everyone will keep quitting and there won't be many people to do the doctors orders.

It's more a university problem as a whole. They hold students to a higher standard than their faculty which allows professors to pull bs to drop their averages in ways that don't reflect how well you know the material. The administration for the hospital is awful and everyone is quitting. Multiple floors are severely understaffed and administration is basically like "what can you do I guess" while their staff are flocking to Ohio health and Mount Carmel. Unless they do something drastic everyone will keep quitting and there won't be many people to do the doctors orders.
This is very different than the impression I received on the interview day, and many other parts of this process. I will make sure to investigate OSU further, thank you.