Application for Residencies/Fellowships for MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jkfedfx

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDN community,

I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to what I should be accomplishing in medical school to get a decent chance at residencies and eventually fellowships to spaces such as CT Surg. I going to be in medical school (most likely DO, but we'll cross our fingers and see what UCSD waitlist says haha), and I just want to know ahead of time so I can hit the ground running. All I know is that I need to do well on my COMLEX and USMLE and of course do well in my courses, but what else?

I have worked extremely closely with researchers at the Wadsworth Center in Albany, NY, and they said that they were willing to write me letters of recommendation for whatever I needed.

Thank You