Application help- Step 1 Fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Somedaydoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Please don't mind this question as it is something that has been bothering me and I could really use some help. So, I'm applying via SF Match and saw that they ask how many attempts you have had at Step 1. I failed the first time and passed the second. Would it be ok if I left that question empty and just sent in my score report for my passing score?

PS- I'm not looking for any naysayers on my chances for matching. I'm aware of the situation.

Thanks so much for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

definitely not. worst case scenario if they caught you is that you would blacklisted from applying to any residency program because you falsified your application. it ain't worth it.

Hi Guys,

Please don't mind this question as it is something that has been bothering me and I could really use some help. So, I'm applying via SF Match and saw that they ask how many attempts you have had at Step 1. I failed the first time and passed the second. Would it be ok if I left that question empty and just sent in my score report for my passing score?

PS- I'm not looking for any naysayers on my chances for matching. I'm aware of the situation.

Thanks so much for your time!

Absolutely not. Not only is doing that dishonest but it violates the agreement that you sign on the CAS application, in which you attest that the information provided is correct to your knowledge. If you are caught, you will likely be blackballed by the SF Match and worse, they may notify the NRMP, which could hurt your chances of applying to other fields. In addition the fact that you failed Step 1 may be mentioned in your MSPE so that information may come out anyway.

Your academic history is listed in your dean's letter. Any discrepencies between your CAS app and the Dean's letter would have to be explained and could be grounds for disciplinary action.