Application help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snakeeyes90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a DO student who has poor comlex scores. My question is do I take the usmle first before applying to MD rads? I'm not interested in hearing about how I wont get in or anything. I'll deal with that when it comes. I just would like some input in whether to apply before taking usmle step 1 (scheduled October 7) or apply and then release my usmle when I get it. Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm a DO student who has poor comlex scores. My question is do I take the usmle first before applying to MD rads? I'm not interested in hearing about how I wont get in or anything. I'll deal with that when it comes. I just would like some input in whether to apply before taking usmle step 1 (scheduled October 7) or apply and then release my usmle when I get it. Any help is appreciated!
october 7th is too late scores wont get back in time for the majority of interviews, why don't you look at DO programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess the simple answer is that there are only 8 DO programs vs many more on the MD side. I understand October is pretty late but my fear is that I'll get rejected from many MD residencies just because I don't have a USMLE score to report.

Those options sound like the same thing.

Sorry I did a poor job explaining. My fear is that some MD residencies will reject me before I can get my USMLE reported. I don't know if they will even look at my USMLE score if I upload it a month after they download my application ( if that makes sense)

Sorry I did a poor job explaining. My fear is that some MD residencies will reject me before I can get my USMLE reported. I don't know if they will even look at my USMLE score if I upload it a month after they download my application ( if that makes sense)
I don't think they will but if you get an interview you can update them with the score. id apply to both and have a serious backup plan.