application help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandhar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know of any experience I people that can help you fill out your application for money.
I am worried that i might screw it up.

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't intend to sound evil... but, I just want to pose a question... If one is not capable of filling out the application for Med school do they really have what it takes to be a physician?

Very funny. what I mean is if someone can give you a bit of advice on things like, if it should be typewritten, is it better to do it electronically, or by mail. This is the sort of stuff i am looking for. Little bit os screw up on your application can lead to a wasted year, thats all my friend

Originally posted by FoxyDoc:
I really don't intend to sound evil... but, I just want to pose a question... If one is not capable of filling out the application for Med school do they really have what it takes to be a physician?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sandhar,

Those are questions that you can certainly pose to members of this bulletin board. Don't waste your money paying someone to answer such questions, when there are so many people going through the same thing you are and can try to help you.

Bottom line is, make sure that you are giving the best impression possible when you are filling our applications. In my personal opinion typing everything is the best way to go, especially if a person's penmanship is not so easy to read. Schools that have e-versions of their apps on the web usually ask that you fill them out, print them and submit the hard copies. This may vary with schools but that's just been my experience.

I know that it's sometimes hard to get a hold of a typewriter if you need one but hey, if you want to go to med school badly enough, I would think that you would do whatever it takes. Ask around and borrow one or rent one if you have to. In the scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter all that much but I would opt for being cautious and type everything as much as you can.

Best of luck to you.

In this day of computers, I was concerned about finding a typewriter to use...and I didn't want to buy one just to do my applications. I did a little searching and found out that most "Kinko's" have typewriters you can use, so I just went up there and typed my apps. The store here charges 8 cents a minute (there's no timer though!), but I found that they never charged me that. Actually they let me go without paying a couple times. You might want to check into it....