Application Profile- What would you guys rate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blexxer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
School: Johns Hopkins Univeristy
GPA: 3.27
DAT: to be taken....

Should I retake classes? I didn't do so well last semester and junior year. My mother got crippled.
I'm taking two years off school.

Got A+ in organic chem both semesters
A/B in bio
A - and C+ in Physics (did bad second sem cz of parents)
Yada yada yada.

I don't really care which school I go to. I just want to become a general dentist.

Members don't see this ad.

Retake anything you got a C- or lower in. Do well in the rest of your classes. Study hard for the DAT.

As @fogorvostan said, do well in the rest of your classes. Try to get that GPA up to a 3.5.

Why are you taking two years off school? I would urge you to stay involved academically- even part-time and work towards your degree. Remember- Dental schools want students who they can graduate within 4 yrs (or 3 in the case of UoP).

I understand that it is a rough time right now, but you can also have rough times in dental school, and they want to see that you can continue to advance on your career goals regardless of what is happening in your personal life.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
aim for DAT 22+ Swarthmore, UC Berkeley, and Hopkins are not easy to get above 3.5. If you get high DAT score, you will get into dental schools without masters. Good luck.

The thing is I just graduated. Even if I take the DAT right now, I will be taking at least a gap year.
I don't get back the U.S. before august and they don't offer the DAT in my country ( I AM A US CITIZEN).

If I take the DAT in september, could I still make into the 2017 cycle?

aight, imma try and fly out then 2 take it.
FML lol

aight, imma try and fly out then 2 take it.
FML lol
You know you also need to STUDY for the test too right? But I mean you can start studying now and take it at the end of July, beginning of August and should be fine for this cycle

Only take the DAT if you feel ready. If you don't, then take a gap year and take your time studying.

Nonetheless, Chad's videos and Bootcamp will be your best friend. You can easily do an abbreviated 6 week schedule if you set your mind to it. If you 110% decide that you will be applying this cycle, then make sure you schedule the test ASAP (and book plane tickets obvi), and even eSubmit soon. Don't forget about LORs and the personal statement, too.