Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ash5321

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I know if I need to send my transcripts to the schools that I'm applying to? Like it looks like some don't want transcripts sent and they just need the PTCAS transcripts. I've tried looking on the schools websites and I'm not having any luck finding anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How do I know if I need to send my transcripts to the schools that I'm applying to? Like it looks like some don't want transcripts sent and they just need the PTCAS transcripts. I've tried looking on the schools websites and I'm not having any luck finding anything.

Email the department to check and see if you need to send one the school.

Reactions: 1 user
You can contact the school, but usually if the school wants you to send them your transcript directly, it'll be explicitly stated their website and you won't have to fish for that information.

Members don't see this ad :)

PTCAS transcripts are official and are used for admission purposes. However, if a student applies in the Fall with transcripts that are current up through the Fall semester, but continues to take Spring courses, those new transcripts I don't think make it to the PTCAS application. So, accepted students should be prepared to send an updated transcript to their school if it will contain courses that are not on their PTCAS transcripts (the PDFs), particularly if a new transcript shows that a bachelor's degree was conferred. That is something that a school may require for an update. Hope this helps.

You should check the supplemental requirements for the schools you are applying to. I had to send my transcripts to some of my schools in addition to PTCAS. Especially if the supplemental requires you to formally apply to their grad school. Also some schools won't even evaluate your PTCAS app if they do not have the supplemental part for their school completed first.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile