Application Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preptgirl1313

Reaction score
For those who have submitted applications already, how long did it take for PTCAS to verify your application? I see it says 4-6 weeks on their website but hoping it is actually quicker than that!

Also, if you submit an application before the programs deadline but it is not verified by PTCAS until after, does it still count as being submitted by that deadline?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I can answer the first questions, I just submitted mine, and it took about 3 business days! So it was very quick.

when i first submitted it took about 2-3 days but recently its been verified within a few hours! I also have everything completed (transcript, LOR, observation hours)

Members don't see this ad :)
When I submitted last year, I don't remember it taking more than a few days. I submitted around mid August. I remember being told it'll be faster if you submit early, when there isn't a lot of applications being submitted at the same time.

when i first submitted it took about 2-3 days but recently its been verified within a few hours! I also have everything completed (transcript, LOR, observation hours)
I don't know if everyone knew this because I didn't, but I was just told that really your application is only getting verified the first time you submit. Regardless if you are applying to schools later on in the cycle, the first verification is what PTCAS will use until the academic update time period. At that time they will conduct another verification, if needed. So the few hours that it takes when you submit more applications I am pretty sure is just their system making sure it was originally verified.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if everyone knew this because I didn't, but I was just told that really your application is only getting verified the first time you submit. Regardless if you are applying to schools later on in the cycle, the first verification is what PTCAS will use until the academic update time period. At that time they will conduct another verification, if needed. So the few hours that it takes when you submit more applications I am pretty sure is just their system making sure it was originally verified.

is that a bad thing? cuz its still sent out to the schools I applied to since I get emails from the schools saying they have received my application

No, it's not a bad thing, I personally was a little surprised because I was under the impression that If I waited to submit until I was done with my summer classes it would be reverified because I already submitted to schools with rolling admissions. But that's not the case, although the school will see the updated grades if you enter it, it's just not verified until the update.
Lol I might have been the only one who thought that but thinking about it, it does make sense why they do that I guess.

I submitted 3 applications on 7/11 and they were verified by 7/15! I submitted another application on 7/18 and it was instantly verified ( I also originally thought each application would have to be verified individually but apparently that is not the case). I can imagine if you submit later into fall though it will take much longer because more people are submitting at the same time!

I submitted 3 applications on 7/11 and they were verified by 7/15! I submitted another application on 7/18 and it was instantly verified ( I also originally thought each application would have to be verified individually but apparently that is not the case). I can imagine if you submit later into fall though it will take much longer because more people are submitting at the same time!
After your application is verified are you able to see your pGPA? I found my cumulative GPA on my application but I didn't see if the pGPA is listed anywhere?

After your application is verified are you able to see your pGPA? I found my cumulative GPA on my application but I didn't see if the pGPA is listed anywhere?
No, which is kind of odd considering the schools I applied to specifically had me select my best prerequisites in the supplemental section and PTCAs calculates a good 20 something other GPAs lol but you can use an excel sheet or an online calculator to calculate it

Reactions: 1 user