Applied/Accepted, Fall 2012!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah just got an email about an hour ago. said to click the "your decision is now available link" except there is no link for that.... for those who did get the link, was it right on the first page?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

For those who got accepted to Columbia, when did you apply and when did Sophas mail out your application? Thanks!

Nov 26 ish.. sophas mid/late-dec

yeah just got an email about an hour ago. said to click the "your decision is now available link" except there is no link for that.... for those who did get the link, was it right on the first page?

yea it was right there. it's "app.applyyourself.com"

Nov 26 ish.. sophas mid/late-dec

yea it was right there. it's "app.applyyourself.com"
no i meant once you are on that site. I logged in, but all it said was "App Submitted" with no link for a decision. Where was that link located?

Members don't see this ad :)
IN at Columbia MPH Epi with Global Health Concentration!!
Sooo stoked, I'm pretty sure this is my first choice..

Applied: Columbia MPH, Yale CDE, Harvard SM NPE, JHSPH MHS Mental Health
Accepted: Columbia, Yale
Rejected:
Waiting: Harvard, JHSPH

In at Columbia!!! Epidemiology! YAY!

Applied: Michigan, Emory, Yale, Columbia, Boston
Accepted: Michigan, Emory, Boston, Columbia
Waiting: Yale

looks like everyone getting into Columbia is for Epi. What concentration for those who arent getting the link? I'm HPM

looks like everyone getting into Columbia is for Epi. What concentration for those who arent getting the link? I'm HPM

Hello, I cannot find the link either and I applied for HPM. How frustrating!! :mad:

I'm HPM too ... maybe they are uploading it sometime later??? On the brightside all of this will hopefully get resolved tomorrow :)

looks like its all HPM students. maybe an error for our concentration? either way, its going to be a longggg night...

Dangit I applied for Epi and haven't gotten any email from Columbia. They said it got referred in late Jan, maybe that's why?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. Congratulations on all the acceptances today! Must be such a relief, especially all the folks who have been waiting on Columbia.

Today I received my first acceptance from Berkeley. I am still waiting on Columbia (a bit nervous seeing all these other acceptances!) and two Canadian schools. Hopefully I'll hear more good news, but if not, I'm glad I got at least one. Good luck y'all!

Oy...I am in the "what happened to the decision link" Columbia club, too. I was so excited to see the email from Mailman and then...more waiting...

Yep, I applied for HPM too. Looks like this is a department problem. Got the email and I've been checking every half hour since, hoping someone in the admissions office had the decency to ensure everything was uploaded correctly. Guess not.

I sent them an email asking when the link would be fixed, and I assume everyone else has done that too, so fingers crossed we should have decisions bright and early tomorrow morning.

Anyone know if scholarship info comes with the decision? Without money, Columbia's not actually high on my list.

Yep, I applied for HPM too. Looks like this is a department problem. Got the email and I've been checking every half hour since, hoping someone in the admissions office had the decency to ensure everything was uploaded correctly. Guess not.

I sent them an email asking when the link would be fixed, and I assume everyone else has done that too, so fingers crossed we should have decisions bright and early tomorrow morning.

Anyone know if scholarship info comes with the decision? Without money, Columbia's not actually high on my list.
I sent them an e-mail as well. Figure they will respond in the early AM. Seeing as everyone who got the link has so far been accepted, here's to hoping all us HPM people got in too :)

Hi guys, i am one of those who have not received email from Columbia yesterday :( but hope is still there. Some people here mentioned checking the application status on a website, where can you do that? I have applied through SOPHAS and i was never told there is a website where you can check the status. I have only received an email from Columbia in January saying my application has been received. Thanks in advance for help!

Applied (December 1st 2011): JHU (MPH), Columbia (accelerated MPH in epidemiology), Harvard (MS 42.5 in epidemiology)
Waiting: all of the above

@j12345 when did you send your app to USF. I applied for the same and nothing is in my email :(

mphplease, it took them a really long time...they sent me an email 11/29 saying they received my application and it was being forwarded to the global health department. I didn't hear anything for a while and I emailed them mid-January and they said they would have a decision in the next week and I just got the email yesterday that I was accepted.

I received an email from Columbia yesterday too. They assigned me a username and pin to log into their application website and they had a letter saying I was accepted into the 2-year MPH program in epi.

they just updated the error on the website. in at Mailman! for full-time mph hpm! woohoo

I just got an e-mail from Columbia that they are working on the website issue but I just checked and my decision was finally there, accepted to the HPM program.

Accepted: BU, SUNY Albany, Columbia

Waiting: Yale :(

congrats everyone. looks like they sent out acceptances to all of us after all :)

Any Columbia EHS acceptance? I applied on the deadline (Jan 15) and I have not heard a word from them, since then. ?

no news from columbia EHS yet. Kind of getting anxious with all these acceptances, but it seems that HPM and EPI are the only two departments that have been notified so far.

awesome. i guess i wasn't invited for the columbia-hpm salsa party. hmm, food for thought.

Separate salsa party for the Columbia ignored!

I just got an e-mail from Columbia that they are working on the website issue but I just checked and my decision was finally there, accepted to the HPM program.

Accepted: BU, SUNY Albany, Columbia

Waiting: Yale :(

Are you waiting for Policy at Yale? What date was you app complete?

So frustrated... When Tulane confirmed my application had been received, they said review should take 5-10 working days (which would have been by this Friday). I emailed them to make sure they had my new mailing address, and they said they did and that my application was under review and I should receive notification by mail within 2-3 weeks! I don't know if that is an additional 2-3 weeks or what, but I am disappointed because it seems like most people have had responses from them much quicker.

I wouldn't care so much since I am definitely not a fan of New Orleans if I did not have so much riding on that acceptance/rejection, namely whether my boyfriend, who I care about very very very much, and I stay together. :(

Just venting. I hope the next couple of weeks go by quick (as we all do!)

Separate salsa party for the Columbia ignored!

Pass that salsa over here. I also applied for Epi and didn't get an email either. At this point, I'd prefer a rejection over just not knowing...

Pass that salsa over here. I also applied for Epi and didn't get an email either. At this point, I'd prefer a rejection over just not knowing...

I called, and they told me I'd find out by the end of March... I'm glad kind of glad I asked, because I had been anxiously checking my emails last night and this morning before I found out, but I'm still getting wicked nervous...

Columbia decision- ok, now the decision link appears but the actual decision screen is blank except for "print" and "close".

Sigh....

I have the same problem... only links are "print" and "close window"

I called Columbia and they said it was a technical issue and to call hobsons for tech support :( I tried calling them but I wasn't able to reach an actual tech.. so anxious!

Did anyone apply to the Population and Family Health program at Columbia? Did you hear back from them as well? I submitted my SOPHAS app on Jan 1st and it was sent out Jan 25th, I never received a confirmation email from Columbia. I emailed them this week and they did confirm that thy received it but said nothing more.
For the people that got acceptane emails from Columbia today, did you all apply by the early acceptance deadline?

I actually think that they are giving out acceptances by department and date, so far only EPI and HPM, from what the forum has been saying, are the only two departments that have sent out notification.

I applied Nov 5th for the EHS program, and I haven't heard anything either. I think we just have to wait for our department to get notifications out here.

I hate to cut into the Columbia Salsa Parties, but has anyone talked to UCLA's admissions office? Last I heard was that they would have all decisions sent out by March 1st, anyone hear differently?

yeah i had that issue too. i actually clicked earlier and the "Congrats youre in" window came up, but now its blank. I e-mailed the tech people, so hopefully they fix it soon!

I hate to cut into the Columbia Salsa Parties, but has anyone talked to UCLA's admissions office? Last I heard was that they would have all decisions sent out by March 1st, anyone hear differently?

I am anxiously waiting on UCLA as well. I know last year they gave out acceptances in early February. I have not contacted them about it though, just trying to wait it out.

Hi, I applied to columbia hpm mph too. Please when did you submit your app?

I am anxiously waiting on UCLA as well. I know last year they gave out acceptances in early February. I have not contacted them about it though, just trying to wait it out.

I heard from UCLA's Community Health Science MPH program on Feb 15th that I was admitted. Hopefully you'll hear soon!

I literally just called and the woman never even asked my name, just asked if I had received an email saying my file was under review (I had in early January). She replied that I should know by March 1 and then proceeded to hang up in my face.

I am getting pretty irritated with UCLA

At least I got into LLU seeing as I only applied to 3 schools.

I am also waiting on UCLA, and am heartened to hear that there might be news this week or next.

I called Columbia today because I did ny receive any notifications about my decision (HPM) the secretary told me they sent out both acceptances and rejections yesterday and that most of the decision will be sent out in March. I sent in a revised essay and transcript updates which prob held up my app even though I applied in november. I was freaking out when I read all these acceptances but it looks like they just sent out a small batch. Congrats to all who got in so far!

My decision link still just brings me to the print and close window screen. What is going on? Is anyone else still experiencing this?

I just received the email about my decision being made. I am also having the technical problems, when clicking the "Your application decision is available online," the pop up browser page is blank. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Columbia- could everyone who is having problems seeing their decision please email columbia's admissions office so they ate aware of the magnitude of the problem?
It doesn't make sense for so many of us to reach out to Hobson's individually to get this fixed.

I too am still awaiting a decision from Columbia-HPM. I emailed them and was informed that I will hear no later than early-March. It seems that they're sending decisions in batches, I submitted my application in late-December so I'm not exactly surprised that I have yet to receive a decision. :xf:

Yay,

Got into Yale EMD just now. Probably my top choice.

Applied: Tulane (Trop Med), Columbia (Epi), Emory (Epi), Yale (EMD), UMich (MPH Human Nutrition/RD)
Acceptances: Tulane, Emory, Yale, UMich,
Waiting: Columbia