Ha! I think it's a vicious cycle. Fewer people post, which lowers our expectations of the forum, which makes us even less likely to post, and so on.
In any case, I'm glad you brought this up, because I have missed our little public health applicant/future student community. I feel like I need even more support now than I did during the application cycle. I am terribly excited, but also just plain terrified:
- I am moving to North Carolina, a state in which I have never set foot and where I know not a single soul. In fact, I have never even set foot in the American South. (But I am hoping very much that the stereotype about sitting on the verandah and sipping mint juleps all day is true.)
- I have not written a research paper in English (I was a foreign language major) since the spring of 2005.
- I fear, in my darkest moments, that everyone else in the program will be brilliant, and I will be the admission committee's lone mistake.
So, if anyone else out there is feeling excitement, anxiety, or both, please know that you are in good company!