Applied and waiting... what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndnmasti

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have finished my applications and have been waiting for responses for about a month and a half now and am freaking out! If anyone would give me advice as to my chances, I would really appreciate it!

MCAT:
B - 9, V - 11, P - 9 , 29
Overal GPA: 3.78
Sci GPA: 3.5

Here are the schools that I applied to:
Albany medical college, NY medical college, Drexel, Umass, Dartmouth, Tufts, UVM, UMDNJ-RWJ, and Temple

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I have finished my applications and have been waiting for responses for about a month and a half now and am freaking out! If anyone would give me advice as to my chances, I would really appreciate it!

MCAT:
B - 9, V - 11, P - 9 , 29
Overal GPA: 3.78
Sci GPA: 3.5

Here are the schools that I applied to:
Albany medical college, NY medical college, Drexel, Umass, Dartmouth, Tufts, UVM, UMDNJ-RWJ, and Temple

why did you apply so late? you're stats are okay but they aren't great. most of the schools you apply to, loads of people with average stats also apply to. usually later interviews are saved for people with high stats who were complete later. nothing to do now, worrying won't help. have a plan b prepared just in case though. good luck :luck:

?Dartmouth?

The success of an application depends on a lot more than your stats, but based solely on your numbers, I''d say you have a shot at consideration from NYMC, Albany, Drexel, and maybe Temple. Don't recall what UVM is (Vermont?, then you're good). Applying late, and to so few schools hurts your chances. Potential mitigating factors that could help you are WOW! extracurriculars, URM status, legacy factor, steep upward grade trend in sciences, amazing research.

The Plan B advice is good. Keep volunteering, getting the GPA higher, maybe retake the MCAT, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I have some good ECs:
I have been working at a research lab for 1.5 years now...
I have volunteered at a hospital for about 3 years...
I held a chair position in my honors fraternity...
I also am the Events Coordinator for a Intercultural Youth Group..
I participated in a Doctor Shadowing Program at a hospital for a semester...

Do yall think I should consider applying to DO schools or is it too late for that now?

I feel like I have some good ECs:
I have been working at a research lab for 1.5 years now...
I have volunteered at a hospital for about 3 years...
I held a chair position in my honors fraternity...
I also am the Events Coordinator for a Intercultural Youth Group..
I participated in a Doctor Shadowing Program at a hospital for a semester...

Do yall think I should consider applying to DO schools or is it too late for that now?

Hey,

As a disclaimer, I am not in yet. I think you need to apply to more schools than that. I applied to around 23 or so and so far have received 5 interviews.

Consider a SMP and no it is not too late for DO schools by any means. I would aim to get them in before New years though.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice.. I will definitely apply to some DO schools.
BTW, what does SMP and URM stand for? (my brain is not functioning today)