Applied, Interviewed, Accepted

Started by timbutt2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1, 1, 1

Although I highly do not recommend it...but it's the only school that I want to go to.
 
applied: 5
interviewed: 2
accepted: 1 (the main thing)😳
rejected: 2
waitlisted: 1
haven't heard from 1 (applied late to this school)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applied: 11
interview invitations: 5 (turned 1 down)
accepted: 2 (after interview)
rejections: 5 (w/out interviews) 1 (after interview)
waiting on decision: 1 (after interview) 1 (havnt heard anything yet)
 
Applied to 6
Asked for interviews at 5
Interviewed at 4
3 accepts, one pending
1 reject (Rutgers, dummies didn't even look at my app)
 
I probably win the most applications award. (actually pharmcas won it from my paycheck)
I only applied to one school last year, a 0-6 program, and didn't get it. So I hit the ground running this year.

Applied to 14
Interviewed at 3 (turned down 6 interviews)
2 acceptances, 1 on hold
1 rejection
didnt complete 2 supps, also haven't heard from 2 places
 
applied to 14 (completed 13 apps)

attended 8 interviews (didnt attend 3)

accepted at 3 and waitlisted at 3
 
I probably win the most applications award. (actually pharmcas won it from my paycheck)
I only applied to one school last year, a 0-6 program, and didn't get it. So I hit the ground running this year.

Applied to 14
Interviewed at 3 (turned down 6 interviews)
2 acceptances, 1 on hold
1 rejection
didnt complete 2 supps, also haven't heard from 2 places

I intend on applying to many, MANY schools...Do you end up flying to these interviews?? I live in Texas and plan on applying to 4 schools here-but applying to many school in the midwest (where my family lives) and I am dreading the plane fare...😱
 
I intend on applying to many, MANY schools...Do you end up flying to these interviews?? I live in Texas and plan on applying to 4 schools here-but applying to many school in the midwest (where my family lives) and I am dreading the plane fare...😱


Yes I flew to the 3 interviews. The first one I stayed with friends so that helped. Another I flew there and back in the same day so I wouldn't have to take off work. The third one was in Chicago and I live in Florida so I wanted to make a fun weekend of it, I stayed with a friend the weekend before and then in a hotel the night before the interview at Midwestern. I figured my education was worth the expense of flying...plus my car is 10 years old so I didn't want it to break down while driving. I had all three interviews pretty close together in late Nov/early December. My acceptance was a nice Christmas present! I had another interview invite around the same time but I put it off hoping I would get in to one of those three schools so I wouldn't have to keep spending money on travel expenses and taking time off work etc....I guess my tactic worked! Good luck.
 
Applied----------------------4 schools
Got Interviews---------------3 schools
Interviewed------------------1 school
Withdrew my applications ----3 schools
Accepted --------------------1 school

I pretty much withdrew all my applications after I got accepted to U of MN (I saved tons of money this way: no necessary traveling).
 
Applied to 4 schools
Received interview requests from 2 (declined one interview)
Accepted 1

P.S:Never heard back about my app status from fourth school though!!!😱
 
Woah! Did you have to fly to all of those interviews?

2 of them I flied, the interview day are right next to each other, I kind of fley three way. One of them, I drove, 2 hours drive from where I am at right now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2, 2, 2 (UF - St. Pete & LECOM-Bradenton).

Going to UF - St. Pete 🙂
 
Applied to: 17
Interviewed: 6
Rejected: 11
Accepted: 2
Waitlisted: 3 (Waitlisted at Buffalo with no interview)
No word from: 1
 
Completed 13 applications.
10 interview invites.
Attended 3 interviews.
2 acceptances, 1 waitlisted.

Chicago, here I come! :laugh:
 
Applied: 7
Got interviews: 6
Interviewed: 5
Rejected: 2
Accepted: 2
Waitlisted: 1
No response: 1
 
I'm a 1,1 and 1 guy also. Staying in fabulous Charleston, SC for at least another 4 years!
 
I applied to two, was invited to interview at one, then got in, THEN was invited to interview at the second. As I had already received the acceptance from the other school and it was my first-choice school, I turned down the interview and thus have no idea whether I would have gotten in there or not.
 
Applied: 9
Interview invites: 7
Interviews attended: 4
Accepted: 2
Waitlist: 1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many schools did you apply to? 1

How many asked you to interview? 1

How many accepted you? 1
 
2,2,1, still waiting to find out about admission to the second. But more than likely will go to OU-Tulsa campus anyway.
 
1,1,1

Wife was already accepted at UMKC Dental School so I had a little bit of pressure on me. Luckily it worked out 🙂
 
Applied:8
Rejected w/out interview: 2
Application put on hold: 1
Asked to Interview: 5
Actually Iinterviewed at: 3
Accepted: 2
Waitlisted: 1
 
How many schools did you apply to? 4

How many asked you to interview? 1

How many accepted you? 1

To be honest, Western University still has me "On Hold" !!!
 
Applied: 6
Invited to Interview: 5 (one of these were turned down)
Accepted: 2
 
Applied: 4
Interviewed: 1
Accepted: 3
Rejected: 1 (missing materials?)


I don't know if it's beneficial to apply early or not. I waited until the day of the deadline to finish my apps (because I'm admittedly a slacker). If they want you, they'll accept you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied to 40, interviewed at 10, none accepted.
Stats: 3.8 science GPA PCAT - 78 composite.
Still waiting on more interviews. Pharmacy sucks.
 
Applied: 4
Interviewed: 1
Accepted: 3
Rejected: 1 (missing materials?)


I don't know if it's beneficial to apply early or not. I waited until the day of the deadline to finish my apps (because I'm admittedly a slacker). If they want you, they'll accept you.


I'm a little surprised, so you mean 2 schools accepted you w/o an interview. I would like to know what schools are those if you don't mind. Thank you and congrats.