applied this past cycle, but didn't take DAT. Incomplete applicant or reapplicant for next cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthworkhard

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied at the end of October 2017. I know it was pretty late but I decided to just go ahead.. so stupid. I thought I could cram and take DAT in december however I was not prepared. So my app was incomplete. I applied to 6 schools that I didnt really care about so in the high chance I would need to reapply I wouldn't apply to those schools.
Now when I apply to different schools...im confused as to how much I need to change my application between the months of October 2017 to June 1st 2018... I will update my personal statement mentioning that I worked more and this time I will have a dat score. In terms of my LOR, I can get 1 new one and the old ones do I just ask them to change the date..?
Because I am applying to only different schools this time, they won't be able to see my old app right? I know some things carry over but how much do I need to change?
Also, am I completely screwed because I messed up and didnt take the DAT the first time...not sure how much this is going to hurt me in the next cycle.please help!
@Ari Rezaei @FeralisExtremum

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
if they reset the AADSAS, then you will have to probably start all over. save everything that you've already filled in.
also I dont necessarily think it will hurt you at all. really, the only thing you'll have to explain is that you were not able to take DAT in time so you decided to apply next cycle. Also, keep building up your application till next.
Good luck next year!