Applied to fellowship, no C4 or OBC

Started by DD214_DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DD214_DOC

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I applied for fellowship this coming academic year. I *WILL* match to one of two locations simply given the number of spots and applicants and what not.

The concern is that I had deferred OBC because of school requirements and could not attend C4 because of a P2 profile for VCD. Is the policy to send fellows to OBC prior to starting fellowship? Can I even go to OBC if I am still on a P2 profile? I am not flagged or anything so that's not an issue.
 
There were people in my class at OBC who were in route to start fellowships. I think you can expect to start and finish off-cycle.

No clue about C4, but I don't see a profile getting you out of OBC.
 
So, I applied for fellowship this coming academic year. I *WILL* match to one of two locations simply given the number of spots and applicants and what not.

The concern is that I had deferred OBC because of school requirements and could not attend C4 because of a P2 profile for VCD. Is the policy to send fellows to OBC prior to starting fellowship? Can I even go to OBC if I am still on a P2 profile? I am not flagged or anything so that's not an issue.

Its all a point system! Not having OBC does not mean that you are ineligible for fellowship, just means that you would have less points than your colleagues that have OBC under their belt. If other psychiatrists are applying for fellowships, you likely will be on the low end of points.

At the end of the day, you will have to do OBC at some point.