apply to both prelim and categorical at same program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

monkeypenny

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this in ERAS thread but I haven't gotten any responses so I was hoping someone could answer it here.

Should I be apply to prelim medicine positions at institutions that offer only categorical neuro? Or should I not be doing that in the same institution? I guess the scenario I'm thinking about is if I don't get an interview at the categorical neuro, would I want a chance with their prelim medicine in anticipation of advanced spots at other places?

Thanks!
 
I don't think its a problem. Places know that you might not match with them and prelim spots can be hard to come by.