Apply to Mayo without biochemistry?

Started by atomi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I did what you're proposing. I didn't put biochem as an anticipated course on my primary, so I got an email from Mayo when they were evaluating my primary, asking if I intended to take it. I said I would take it in the summer before med school starts. They said that provided I could get them a transcript by mid-July, that'd be fine. Later I got the screened secondary, an interview, and recently got off the waitlist. They never asked about biochem during or after my interview, but I did end up taking it from January to March and just sent them the transcript.

But in hindsight, you should probably just indicate biochem as a future course on your AMCAS. That way there will be no question or concern. I heard this year Mayo's not sending secondary essays out. So it'll probably just go from primary to interview invite. :luck: