Applying 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ML1997

Reaction score
Hi pre-PTs! I'm applying this cycle and was curious how my stats looked and how high my chances are..

I think the best thing I have going for me is my cumulative GPA which is a 3.91, but for the GRE I have a 149 Q, 153 V, and 4 for writing. I have about 130 hours of shadowing at 3 different locations. Is my GRE score too low? It costs so much to retake it and I wanted to apply by the end of the month so I wouldn't really have enough time to study enough to significantly improve my score.
The main places I want to get into are UCF and UF.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi pre-PTs! I'm applying this cycle and was curious how my stats looked and how high my chances are..

I think the best thing I have going for me is my cumulative GPA which is a 3.91, but for the GRE I have a 149 Q, 153 V, and 4 for writing. I have about 130 hours of shadowing at 3 different locations. Is my GRE score too low? It costs so much to retake it and I wanted to apply by the end of the month so I wouldn't really have enough time to study enough to significantly improve my score.
The main places I want to get into are UCF and UF.
I would email UCF and UF and ask for a "profile of accepted students" if it isn't readily available on their website and go from there. A lot of times they will keep track of the GPA's, GRE scores, observation hours, etc. of students they have accepted in the past and they are typically all for sharing that information with anyone who asks, then you can base your decision off of that. Good luck!

Your GRE should be fine due to your high GPA. Your analytical writing score is solid, and verbal score is above the 50th percentile (where most schools weigh more importance on the verbal score over the quantitative score anyway). Both UCF and UF have 146V and 144Q minimums, which you meet and exceed. Assuming your pre-req GPA is also very strong and essay/letters of rec are solid, you should at least be invited for an interview.

Thank you so much for your feedback! That makes me feel a lot better.