Applying early?

Started by iA-MD2013
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iA-MD2013

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there have been a lot of questions about this...but none from a CA resident:
If I take my MCAT June 13. Submit the primary in early June and fill out the secondaries in early July...everything should be fine, right?
But, since CA schools screen applicants, I won't even be looked at in the CA schools until July 13? And if that's the case, I won't get my secondaries until late July even August. Is that too late? Should I take the MCAT earlier?
THANK YOU 😍
 
Check you msar. I'm pretty sure cal state schools are not rolling admissions. shouldn't be a problem.
 
Check you msar. I'm pretty sure cal state schools are not rolling admissions. shouldn't be a problem.
Really? I think they are rolling...?
If I do this, should I go ahead and send in my primary to all the schools in June 5 and will they get my MCAT scores when they come out in July 13? Can I still fill out all the secondaries for the schools that don't screen before they get my MCAT scores?