Applying early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have been a lot of questions about this...but none from a CA resident:
If I take my MCAT June 13. Submit the primary in early June and fill out the secondaries in early July...everything should be fine, right?
But, since CA schools screen applicants, I won't even be looked at in the CA schools until July 13? And if that's the case, I won't get my secondaries until late July even August. Is that too late? Should I take the MCAT earlier?
THANK YOU :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Check you msar. I'm pretty sure cal state schools are not rolling admissions. shouldn't be a problem.

Check you msar. I'm pretty sure cal state schools are not rolling admissions. shouldn't be a problem.
Really? I think they are rolling...?
If I do this, should I go ahead and send in my primary to all the schools in June 5 and will they get my MCAT scores when they come out in July 13? Can I still fill out all the secondaries for the schools that don't screen before they get my MCAT scores?