applying for 08 but have no clinical podiatry experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emailnumber

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply for the 08 cycle but i have no clinical experience relating to podiatry. I have clinical experience other than podiatry related, and i have alot of other activities as well including research. So am i ok? or zero podiatry experience is a straight rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if it is required but you will be asked about shadowing a pod. I would suggest it just so you know what you are getting into. It is really easy to find a pod in your area and spend the a day, a morning, or a hour with him/her.

It is always better to have shadowed with a podiatric physician and some of the schools actually require that you do so. In order to find a good mentor, you can go onto the APMA website (www.apma.org/careers) and access the DPM Mentor list. You can also contact APMA directly to ask for a recommendation in your area. Contact the Marketing & Career Development Office at 1-800-275-2762 ext. 280 or send an email with your location to [email protected]

Good luck to you!!