Applying late to D.O schools 2018 matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCharisma

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone is anybody currently applying for D.O schools right now if so have you gotten secondaries or interviews especially from VCOM Virginia and Carolinas ?

*If your excepted or had your interview please share your experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied in November to my DO programs and have had tons of luck... but I hear even November's probably the latest you should apply to have a really good shot. Many places are wrapping up their interview seasons now, or are only interviewing for the wait list.

If you're ultracompetitive, like 3.9+/515+, it might be worth an app now, but otherwise I think you're going to be SOL just because so many places have nearly full classes by this point. Might as well save your money and wait for the next cycle.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, by all means.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless you have a stellar application, do yourself a favor and save your money for the next application cycle. Applying late in the cycle is a major crapshoot, even for DO applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why apply super late now when you can wait just 3 more months and apply super early?

Reactions: 8 users
Hello everyone is anybody currently applying for D.O schools right now if so have you gotten secondaries or interviews especially from VCOM Virginia and Carolinas ?

*If your excepted or had your interview please share your experience.
It would be extremely foolish to apply right now. My school is already rationing seats....earliest we've ever had to! I have heard similar things from colleagues at a few other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
It would be extremely foolish to apply right now. My school is already rationing seats....earliest we've ever had to! I have heard similar things from colleagues at a few other schools.
Does this mean there was more competition and more applicants this year? Or was your school just generous in giving out seats?

Does this mean there was more competition and more applicants this year? Or was your school just generous in giving out seats?
I believe apps have been down nationwide for DO schools this year. Don't know about MD schools, but we seem to be in the decline in the population of kinds finishing college. But my school is seeing more competitive applicants, including kids from the Ivies. This is novel for us.

We're generous in giving out seats to competitive applicants..

Reactions: 1 users