Applying Late to SMP (June)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

suprachiasmatic

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

So I'm thinking about applying to a SMP, but I don't have a MCAT score yet. I'm taking the MCAT and won't have a score until June 1st.

Do you guys think that's too late to apply to a SMP? Let's assume my ECs are above average and my LORs are pretty good as well. Of course, GPA isn't that good..hence the SMP.

If I get a decent MCAT score above 30, what do you guys think my chances of getting into a SMP are?

Also, which SMPs have deadlines past June 1st?

Thanks!
 
Hey Guys,

So I'm thinking about applying to a SMP, but I don't have a MCAT score yet. I'm taking the MCAT and won't have a score until June 1st.

Do you guys think that's too late to apply to a SMP? Let's assume my ECs are above average and my LORs are pretty good as well. Of course, GPA isn't that good..hence the SMP.

If I get a decent MCAT score above 30, what do you guys think my chances of getting into a SMP are?

Also, which SMPs have deadlines past June 1st?

Thanks!

A lot of the programs are based on rolling admission, so many don't have deadlines until mid-July or until programs are full. Maybe you can complete an application and get in contact with the program and tell them when they will receive the MCAT score? That way you will only be waiting on their receipt of the THx score report to be complete.