Applying??Rejected??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firstgeneration

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am afraid to apply to get reject. I currently have a 2.82 GPA and 60% composite score in PCAT, and retaking the PCAT. I know that the u of m requires a 3.0 min, and othe college I am hoping to apply to requires a 2.7, Should I waste my time and apply or not?? I am still in the process because most schools have rolling admission. I was hoping to get a 3.0 and boost my PCAT score to apply?? any suggestions would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

with your gpa, i think u will need a 90+ on the pcat to increase your chances of getting accepted. if u can get that score on the next pcat, then it wouldnt be too late to apply... or u can just save your money and wait til next year to apply. in the meantime, just take more classes or retake some classes to boost up your gpa.

That's a weak gpa. If anything try to get it up above 3.0. And besides if you somehow get accepted into a pharmacy school, you think it will get any easier? Last thing anybody wants is to get accepted and then flunk out and end up having to pay back those expensive loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have low GPA too and did not take pcat. Feel so bad. Probably, I'll prepare and take pcat next year. Don't know what to do...I'm doomed.

honestly, you never know. schools are looking at a lot and not just gpa and pcat believe it or not. no one really knows what is considered ok.

1st things first ... you guys need to read this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=347616

2nd - you need to realize that nothing is cut and dry. The statement that "if you have x.x gpa - your in, if not = your not" is untrue. I know several people who got in with very low gpas - they did it through determination, hard work, and networking. When their opportunity came up, they seized it - and you can too...

Thing is, no one can tell you if your capable of getting in (or finishing) - only you can decide that.

~above~

also don't forget $$$...it speaks.........(loudly):luck:

2nd - you need to realize that nothing is cut and dry. The statement that "if you have x.x gpa - your in, if not = your not" is untrue. I know several people who got in with very low gpas - they did it through determination, hard work, and networking. When their opportunity came up, they seized it - and you can too...

~above~

From personal experience :thumbup:

random thought and data...

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/ApplicationData2005.htm

Click on offers received. 2 people in the world applied to 43 schools via pharmcas, one got ZERO acceptances, the other got ONE. THis is for fall 05, I wonder what the story was behind that.

EDIT: oh even better, check out degree. Supposedly, 8 MD's applied for pharmD admission, NONE of them got accepted (international students?). The 4 JD's applied and all got acceptances.

That's a weak gpa. If anything try to get it up above 3.0. And besides if you somehow get accepted into a pharmacy school, you think it will get any easier? Last thing anybody wants is to get accepted and then flunk out and end up having to pay back those expensive loans.[/QU

you probably are one of the people.if you have no determination, of course you will flunk out.