applying to 2 different dental specialities in PASS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ooppop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

One of my friend is looking into applying to 2 different specialities next year. I would like to get your feed back whether it is possible to apply to 2 different programs on PASS and if yes then how to do that without the program directors of both specialities in the same school finding out about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone

One of my friend is looking into applying to 2 different specialities next year. I would like to get your feed back whether it is possible to apply to 2 different programs on PASS and if yes then how to do that without the program directors of both specialities in the same school finding out about it.

This has been discussed multiple times. Simply put, you should not and can not do this. First of all, you need to spend the time to figure out what you really want to do. If you truly like it all, you should stick with general dentistry. Secondly, the program directors WILL find out. Program directors talk and if they find out you applied to more than one, they will know you aren't really that interested. This will black ball you from getting into either. It just isn't worth the risk.

probably not possible applying to both at the same schools, but different specialities at different schools, i think you could pull off if done carefully. just give full disclosure to your rec-letter writers, hope they're really cool about it, and hope they don't mix them up.

Hi everyone

... without the program directors of both specialities in the same school finding out about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank u for ur reply.

I will convey ur advice to her about not applying to 2 specialities but she is adamant and want to just go ahead with it.

If u can pull it off how will u do it on PASS application because on PASS u can send only one resume and how will u enter ur research experience for different specialities if u have for eg ortho and endo research. u cannot edit the application for different specialities once u submit ur application.

why does everyone say, "One of my friends.......Is It possible......."? :rolleyes: