**Official PASS 2025 Pediatric Dentistry Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Harlem Hospital Center Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery has one opening for a 2 year pediatric residency position to start July 1, 2024.

The Harlem Hospital pediatric dentistry program is an accredited 2-year Program in Harlem, New York. We offer our residents the opportunity to serve patients in an exciting, fast-paced, and highly diverse environment. The dentistry department also has an OMFS residency and a GPR residency. This position does involve taking in house call at the hospital. We are looking for hard-working, self-motivated individuals to join our team this upcoming 2024-2025 year.





opportunities will include the following:

1. Pediatric dentistry in a busy outpatient setting including sedation dentistry

2. Participation in the call schedule, responding to consults for maxillofacial trauma, orofacial infections, and additional emergent conditions

3. Weekly didactic lectures and journal club

4. Participation in weekly Grand Rounds

5. History and Physical Examination course





Residents will receive the salary and benefits based on the PGY level

If interested in applying for the position, please email the program director Dr. Jinaki Stallworth (Jinaki.stallworth@nychhc.org) with your CV or PASS application. Feel free to private message me for any questions!
 
Anybody know if we have to wait for a confirmation email before sending cheques with the supplemental fees? (Ie. Lurie, Rutgers, Washington)
 
Hello everyone!

This is my fourth time applying (my first 3 times I didn't apply to but a handful of schools), and I just want to ask for advice. Realistically, I was a really competitive applicant straight out of dental school in the top 10/100 of my class and consider myself still a great candidate with 5 years of pedo private practice experience. What will be the game changer for me this time? I feel like I interview well and get along with the residents easily at the socials. I have applied to 26 hospital and university based programs.


Thanks for any encouragement and advice in advance!
 
Hello everyone!

This is my fourth time applying (my first 3 times I didn't apply to but a handful of schools), and I just want to ask for advice. Realistically, I was a really competitive applicant straight out of dental school in the top 10/100 of my class and consider myself still a great candidate with 5 years of pedo private practice experience. What will be the game changer for me this time? I feel like I interview well and get along with the residents easily at the socials. I have applied to 26 hospital and university based programs.


Thanks for any encouragement and advice in advance!
Hi, we have an unexpected opening at One Brooklyn Health in Brooklyn, NY for a PGY1 Peds resident. Please send CV to [email protected].
 
Hello everyone!

This is my fourth time applying (my first 3 times I didn't apply to but a handful of schools), and I just want to ask for advice. Realistically, I was a really competitive applicant straight out of dental school in the top 10/100 of my class and consider myself still a great candidate with 5 years of pedo private practice experience. What will be the game changer for me this time? I feel like I interview well and get along with the residents easily at the socials. I have applied to 26 hospital and university based programs.


Thanks for any encouragement and advice in advance!

Wow. Sounds great. I have no idea. How many programs did you apply to last year? Goodluck to you this year!
 
Wow. Sounds great. I have no idea. How many programs did you apply to last year? Goodluck to you this year!
I applied to just 1 last year due to family reasons. Really was just taking a chance locally since we weren't in a position to move at the time.
 
Hello everyone!

This is my fourth time applying (my first 3 times I didn't apply to but a handful of schools), and I just want to ask for advice. Realistically, I was a really competitive applicant straight out of dental school in the top 10/100 of my class and consider myself still a great candidate with 5 years of pedo private practice experience. What will be the game changer for me this time? I feel like I interview well and get along with the residents easily at the socials. I have applied to 26 hospital and university based programs.


Thanks for any encouragement and advice in advance!
You sound like a great applicant! With these things, I'm sure sometimes its a numbers game as well. Glad to hear you're applying to more places to increase your odds. I've applied to 24 schools/hospitals this cycle. Good luck!
 
Has anyone applied to Boston Childrens Hospital? How did you send the NBDE report? Can I print the online result and send with my CV and photo?
 
Has anyone applied to Boston Childrens Hospital? How did you send the NBDE report? Can I print the online result and send with my CV and photo?
I did exactly that. Sent an email with a screenshot of the INDBE results showing "pass", my 2x2, and my CV to the PD.
 
do we attach our 2X2 photo to the CV we upload on PASS or only on the ones we send program directors
Depends on the programs you're applying to. OSU has mentioned not to upload a CV with photo on PASS. I uploaded a CV without photo and submitted a 2x2 photo to the programs that requested it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do we attach our 2X2 photo to the CV we upload on PASS or only on the ones we send program directors?
A program I applied to mentioned including it in my CV, and no other program I was applying to mentioned "not to" so I included my 2x2 in my CV. It kind of sucks we're not able to upload CVs to each program individually.
 
A program I applied to mentioned including it in my CV, and no other program I was applying to mentioned "not to" so I included my 2x2 in my CV. It kind of sucks we're not able to upload CVs to each program individually.
did you mail or email the documents to BCH?
 
Has anyone completed any externships? If yes, can you share some insights about the programs you externed at?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For Boston’s children hospital, where is the supplemental application? Do you get the link after you submit on PASS?
I didn't get any link following the submission of my PASS application but I followed the instructions on their webpage

 
I didn't get any link following the submission of my PASS application but I followed the instructions on their webpage

Did you receive a confirmation that they received your supplemental after you mailed?
 
I received confirmation from Boston's Children Hospital after emailing the supplemental. PD emailed back saying a quick Thank You.
 
Would anyone happen to know how to submit the supplemental fee for Maimonides? Couldn’t find any info on ADEA page or their website
 
Last edited:
Any idea how competitive overall the residency is ,as in applicant / acceptance ratio? I only applied to 7 programs,wondering if it's extremely low
 
Any idea how competitive overall the residency is ,as in applicant / acceptance ratio? I only applied to 7 programs,wondering if it's extremely low

The AAPD shows you the applicant: acceptance rate for most programs. I would say that it totally depends on the programs you're applying to. If you're still in dental school, it may be a good idea to talk to your mentor/ predoctoral guide to see if you should apply to a few more.

This is my first time applying. I have no idea what programs look for in an applicant. I graduated a few years ago and I dont have a mentor to talk to at the moment. I did apply to 12 and thinking if I should just add a few more.
 
Any idea how competitive overall the residency is ,as in applicant / acceptance ratio? I only applied to 7 programs,wondering if it's extremely low
If you look at "most programs" I'd say the acceptance ratio is around 1:25-1:30. That isn't to say only 1 in 25 applicants get accepted as it doesn't take into account people interviewing at multiple places and matching elsewhere. From the MATCH statistics I checked out, it seems ~60% of applicants end up matching for peds.

If you could really only see yourself going to those 7 programs, I'd keep it that way. You don't want to end up at a program you hate.
 
If you look at "most programs" I'd say the acceptance ratio is around 1:25-1:30. That isn't to say only 1 in 25 applicants get accepted as it doesn't take into account people interviewing at multiple places and matching elsewhere. From the MATCH statistics I checked out, it seems ~60% of applicants end up matching for peds.

If you could really only see yourself going to those 7 programs, I'd keep it that way. You don't want to end up at a program you hate.
So does this mean 60 % of those who ApPlied or 60% of those who interviewed?
 
The AAPD shows you the applicant: acceptance rate for most programs. I would say that it totally depends on the programs you're applying to. If you're still in dental school, it may be a good idea to talk to your mentor/ predoctoral guide to see if you should apply to a few more.

This is my first time applying. I have no idea what programs look for in an applicant. I graduated a few years ago and I dont have a mentor to talk to at the moment. I did apply to 12 and thinking if I should just add a few more.
I graduated quite a few years ago too
 
Was there a supplemental application?
Not applying to Jacobi but from a quick search I found this:

Applicants must submit the following directly to the program in support of their applications:

  • Must submit a digital photograph in JPEG or TIFF format
  • Must submit a current enrollment letter or certification of any previous training if applicable, e.g. GPR, AEGD.
  • Must submit an application-processing fee of $50 payable to "NYMA Dental Research & Education Fund" via personal check or money order.
Hope this helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone received confirmation from Jamaica ? Also any info on these NY hospital based programs , haven't had a chance to visit the but I am limited to apply to only that state