1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Applying to how many schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by hkny79, Aug 30, 2002.

1. hkny79

hkny79 Member
    7+ Year Member

How many schools has everyone applied too or plan on applying too..and also maybe we can get a list of schools that favor out of state residents as well...thanx..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

I know 2 schools that prefer in-state residents, but do accept some out of state people: UMDNJ and OSU.

I think Nova doesn't care all that much about where you're from, but don't quote me on that.

I don't know for sure, but I believe Pikeville and West Virginia also prefer either state residents, or residents from neighboring states.

4. Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I applied to three schools: Touro, Western and AZCOM. Just sent in the secondaries -- waiting for interviews :)

5. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

Not OSU? I'm disappointed. ;)

6. Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I know... :( But I'm a Cali gal at heart -- it would be very hard for me to live anywhere else -- though I would be inside studying a lot anyway... I've heard it's a great school but it would probably take free tuition to pull me off the west coast...

How's your first week going, Fenrezz? Enjoy the upcoming weekend!! :hardy:

7. mohody

mohody Member
    10+ Year Member

I applied to 3 schools: TUCOM, DMU, and KCOM. I received interviews from TUCOM and DMU. Got accepted at TUCOM and pulled my app. from DMU. Out of the 8 people I interviewed with 3 of us were out of state, and 2 others had just moved to California within the last 6 months.