Applying to Medical School In Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

internationaldrq

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

About me, I am an American living in Germany (seriously) considering applying to medical school here. I have done two years of pre-med undergrad in the US before I moved here. I had very good highschool grades, AP scores, SAT, etc. as well as Bio, Chem, Ochem, Phys, Math in the first two years at University completed. I have already spoken to the University of Cologne, and I qualify to do a Quereinstieg (lateral entry into a higher semester, same as transferring in the US) for the Biology bachelor's program.

My question is, are any of you familiar with Quereinstieg for the medical universities here? I know I can send my documents into the LPA to see if they are recognized/given credit for certain courses from the Vorklinik curriculum here. If that is succesful (i.e the LPA gives me credit for certain courses from the US for the Vorklinik here) then I would be able to apply for a Quereinstieg here. Do any of you know how that impacts the liklihood of acceptance etc? Any other tips? How long does the LPA usually take for document evaluation?

Thanks so much!

** just to add, I have lived here for a year with my partner (a German Dr. who graduated and works here in Germany), I have the language level I need, and there are no other concerns with living costs/visa/integration etc. so this is purely an academic logistic question!

Members don't see this ad.