Applying to Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Go to the Caribbean for med school if i have a guarantee to get rotation and residency in home state

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Depends. If so, why? (please respond on the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

futooremed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a question about applying to Caribbean Medical School. In short, if I have a guarantee to get into California rotations and California Residency after finishing my two years in the Caribbean, should I still go?
I live in California by the away.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I had a question about applying to Caribbean Medical School. In short, if I have a guarantee to get into California rotations and California Residency after finishing my two years in the Caribbean, should I still go?
Dont go to Caribbean until you have exhausted all your options.

Yes, go. Just go.

P.S.: Does the guarantee come with a money back refund?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

It depends on the "guarantee." Are you getting the guarantee in writing? If it is just word of mouth I would not consider that a guarantee.

Shouldn't you be asking whoever that is guaranteeing your rotations and residency??

Hi,

What if the guarantee falls through? People quit, move one, die, decide that they'd rather have a new medical wing paid for by someone else, etc.

Is it the Caribbean school guaranteeing it? I've heard that one before, but if you read the fine print that's only if you score perfectly in everything.

Will you have a guarantee if you go to a US school?