Applying to multiple employers in same area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grade4BorBor

AKA Borborygmus
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm starting to look for community jobs as residency nears completion and have a particular part of the country in mind to live and work. My research suggests that no staffing company (USACS, TeamHealth, Envision), HMO, or democratic group holds a monopoly in the area. I'm planning on contacting multiple prospective employers at once, but does anyone advise against doing this in favor of applying to one entity at a time? It benefits me more to be able to compare job offers, but I worry that it might rub a prospective employer the wrong way if they know I'm looking into multiple places simultaneously. I worry less about the CMG or HMO, as they are behemoths and I am just another anonymous widgetmaker to them, but I think the smaller democratic groups might see things a little differently. My preference would be to work for the democratic group, but in famine anything can look tasty.

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely not a problem. If an employer gets upset that you are looking at other potential locations, that means that the employer is not paying enough.

Reactions: 7 users
Hello,

I'm starting to look for community jobs as residency nears completion and have a particular part of the country in mind to live and work. My research suggests that no staffing company (USACS, TeamHealth, Envision), HMO, or democratic group holds a monopoly in the area. I'm planning on contacting multiple prospective employers at once, but does anyone advise against doing this in favor of applying to one entity at a time? It benefits me more to be able to compare job offers, but I worry that it might rub a prospective employer the wrong way if they know I'm looking into multiple places simultaneously. I worry less about the CMG or HMO, as they are behemoths and I am just another anonymous widgetmaker to them, but I think the smaller democratic groups might see things a little differently. My preference would be to work for the democratic group, but in famine anything can look tasty.

Thanks for your time.
Agree with deuist. Most employers should expect that you are looking at multiple different sites. If one of your prospective employers knows you're looking around and talks about why they think they're the best option in the area, that's normal. If they are offended that you're looking elsewhere, that is a huge red flag.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with both above. When we hire we expect that the applicant is looking at multiple sites. We actually encourage it so they know that we are the right one for them.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello,

Thanks for your time.
Apply to all of them at the same time. Groups are not likely to share recruiting information. If they do and they're worried they'll lose you, there's a reason.

Applying to multiple places at the same time will be your main form of leverage. Use it. You owe it to yourself to parlay the offers you receive from places against each other to yield the best possible terms you can get.

Reactions: 1 users
Applying to multiple places at the same time will be your main form of leverage. Use it. You owe it to yourself to parlay the offers you receive from places against each other to yield the best possible terms you can get.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Should not be an issue. You'd be dumb not to do this. They don't want dumb docs.