Applying to School cost just as much as tuition!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwhite007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Damn! :thumbdown: Looking at all the websites and fees just associated with applying, you have to already be a physician just to pay for it. Primary Aps, Secondary aps, round trip tickets and hotel just to go to an out of state interview, MCAT prep. It just goes on.

I work fulltime to support my wife and kid and I am enrolled in full time undergrad. I better get ready to take some money out my savings account. :mad:

I have yet to apply, but just how much do you think it would cost (average) to apply to 15-20 schools?

Members don't see this ad.

BrettBatchelor said:
Depending on the regionality of all of the schools, your stats probably 2-5k.
3k or so. Once you get an acceptance, you should cross out schools you definitely won't attend. In this way you can cut your costs. If you are lucky, you will get an interview at one of your top choices and (hopefully) an acceptance early on. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools also screen before the send out a secondary. Which helps the $$ situation out.

I wish they all did that. It would save a lot of money and secondary essay writting.

ClosetNerd said:
Some schools also screen before the send out a secondary. Which helps the $$ situation out.

I wish they all did that. It would save a lot of money and secondary essay writting.

But think of all the extra $ funds the schools can have if they just send out secondaries to everyone that applies, THEN reject them. Think of the budget man! :laugh:

LifetimeDoc said:
But think of all the extra $ funds the schools can have if they just send out secondaries to everyone that applies, THEN reject them. Think of the budget man! :laugh:

b@st@rds!

ha ha ha

If you have good stats and a school you really want to attend, EDP is the way to go!!!

rcwhite007 said:
Damn! :thumbdown: Looking at all the websites and fees just associated with applying, you have to already be a physician just to pay for it. Primary Aps, Secondary aps, round trip tickets and hotel just to go to an out of state interview, MCAT prep. It just goes on.

I work fulltime to support my wife and kid and I am enrolled in full time undergrad. I better get ready to take some money out my savings account. :mad:

I have yet to apply, but just how much do you think it would cost (average) to apply to 15-20 schools?
if your income is low you may want to apply for the fee assistance program (FAP). I qualified for it last year...it lowers the cost of taking the MCAT and it allows you to apply up to 11 schools for free and most of them will waive the secondary fee too

gainor848 said:
if your income is low you may want to apply for the fee assistance program (FAP). I qualified for it last year...it lowers the cost of taking the MCAT and it allows you to apply up to 11 schools for free and most of them will waive the secondary fee too

Hey, where can I get the application?