Applying to the Big 4 Summer/Winter/Fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epo83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which semester do you think the chances are better of me getting in to any of the Big 4?

Do the class sizes vary depending on school...having a tough time getting a response from any school, but AUC.

In fact, it doesn't seem like any of the others are that much help with the application process other than AUC.

Undergrad: Biology 2.99 GPA
Graduate: Masters in Biology 3.72
MCAT 23 R

Crapload of medical experience/ volunteering

Members don't see this ad.

usually september is the most competitive, but generally, the earlier you apply the better your chances

You might consider re-taking the MCAT and applying for a few US MD and DO schools.

(I wish I had the drive to go back for a Masters and get those grades.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah I haven't really found the correct route to rectify my undergrad GPA....I've gotten a few interviews at US MD schools, but I'm still waiting to hear back on final decision.

I guess what I'm driving at is does anyone know if I have a chance at the Carib schools?

not with a 2.99 undergrad gpa. at least not for MD schools.

I've heard of a few people who've gotten in with very good grades for their Masters. But you're probably right. They are the exception. I still think he has a small chance and it might be worth considering.

I believe that it depends from school to school. Some schools weigh your most recent grades (Masters) more than others. Other schools won't even bother with you.

Yah I haven't really found the correct route to rectify my undergrad GPA....I've gotten a few interviews at US MD schools, but I'm still waiting to hear back on final decision.

I guess what I'm driving at is does anyone know if I have a chance at the Carib schools?

I think you have a chance.

Hell, I'm proof of your chances (for Ross). It depends on your "tons of experience/volunteering." I got in but I think I had a very good personal statement, interview, and work/clinical/research/volunteer experience.

Then again, I've also heard of people who got much better scores than me and got MERP'd.

They must have liked something about me because I got straight into the program.

I'm an AUC gad. As I remember, this is not a factor. You apply and a decision is made. You then have some ability to decide when to matriculate. Atleast in 1994. If you go to AUC start in the spring(may).
The class size will be smaller, the students will be a little more mature.

I'm at Ross. You definitely have a chance here. They are accepting more students now than before and your graduate gpa will definitely help. They may have you do MERP, which is a semester program of med classes to see if you're cut out for med school, but I don't think they will. I'd say apply and see how things work. Also, I'd say to try and go for the January or May class.