Appropriate Response to Acceptance Call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree 100000% It just makes me laugh picturing birdman in so many different scenarios.

For example:

birdman submits amcas. Cue avatar.
birdman gets an interview invite. Cue avatar.
birdman gets an acceptance. Cue avatar.

and what's better is that I sometimes picture a super nerdy, stereotypical premed doing it and I can't help but laugh my ass off.

Haha glad u all like the avatar... I like to imagine Birdman doing that right before he walks into his interviewers office

Members don't see this ad.

Haha glad u all like the avatar... I like to imagine Birdman doing that right before he walks into his interviewers office

"So mr birdman, why do you wanna be a doctor?"

"chicks money power and chicks....I'll take my MD now."

A couple weeks ago I had a dream that this happened.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: That sounds terrible. I had a dream that I was accepted to my #1 choice and was so excited! Then, in the dream I realized that it was before October 15 and I couldn't have really been accepted....then I woke up. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
School: Welcome to the incoming class!

You: Yay! Awesome! I can't wait to go to [insert name of wrong university here]!

I agree 100000% It just makes me laugh picturing birdman in so many different scenarios.

For example:

birdman submits amcas. Cue avatar.
birdman gets an interview invite. Cue avatar.
birdman gets an acceptance. Cue avatar.

and what's better is that I sometimes picture a super nerdy, stereotypical premed doing it and I can't help but laugh my ass off.

What about birdman gets white coat?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

What about birdman gets white coat?

:laugh: I love that I can picture him receiving his white coat, putting it on, and proceeding to make that movement.

Birdman delivers a baby

This thread is getting out of hand. Leave birdman alone! (so I stop laughing at all of these funny scenarios)

Hold on so will they be calling on the 15th or the 16th?

With october 15 less than two weeks away, if I actually get an acceptance, I was wondering if there is an appropriate response to the call? My real reaction would be screaming/ jumping up and down but realistically should I just say thank you and be calm and composed? would that come off as disinterested? I've searched and didn't find any other threads on this.

You should whisper in a deep voice, "understood", and then hang up.

Excuse me ma'am (or sir), but that's Dr Mjolner now.

I know I know. Still have to go through med school first, but I like it.

How about you just answer every call, "Hello, this is Dr. ______, how may I help you?"

"Oooh....this is awkward.....yeah.....Mayo Med school called me this morning....and....it's not you...it's me.....but yeah......it's definitely not going to be you.....Sorry."

Got a call from Loyola today while I was doing my workout. I didn't want to let it go to voicemail, so I got off an answered it. The lady on the other end could totally tell because I was out of breath, but we had a good laugh about it. I just said thank you like 5 times hahahaha

I learned that the appropriate response is NOT saying thank you 10+ times in a <1 min phone conversation. She probably wondered how I even got an interview since my vocabulary consisted of four words (yes, thank you, okay).

I learned that the appropriate response is NOT saying thank you 10+ times in a <1 min phone conversation. She probably wondered how I even got an interview since my vocabulary consisted of four words (yes, thank you, okay).

Haha, that's all I said to be honest, among all the sobbing and sniffing. The Dean just laughed his head off. :oops:

Last edited:
What happens if they can't reach you, do they leave a voicemail?

What happens if they can't reach you, do they leave a voicemail?

Depends. Some schools leave a voicemail. Some decide to just call your parents. Some call and email you together, so they know that you won't miss out on the decision.