Appropriate to have 1 letter writer compose 2 separate letters for separate programs?

ServiceFirst

MS1
2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2017
Status
Medical Student
My employer has already submitted a letter to my medical schools. However, I am requesting that same letter writer to compose a letter for my teacher employment application. However, this LOR for the job is non-confidential, and I upload the letter myself to the portal.

Through requesting this, will the medical school letter maintain is confidentiality? Thank you for your help!

Siromas

Non-Traditional livin'
2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Since the programs are separate and the letters written by the same writer are different, I don't see how the confidentiality of your medical school letter could be compromised.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Make sure you let your letter writer know that the letter is not-confidential for your program application (unlike the medical school one). And let your letter writer decide the rest.

About the Ads

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Applicants confused the "confidentiality" aspects of this.
As a medical school applicant, you are expected to give up your right to demand to see the letter
The letter writer is perfectly free to give you a copy if they choose to do so

OP
ServiceFirst

ServiceFirst

MS1
2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Thank you for all your responses! It seems like as long as the 2 letters are clearly separate to different programs, that letter writer can compose both letters.

About the Ads