Quantcast

Appropriate to have 1 letter writer compose 2 separate letters for separate programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ServiceFirst

MS1
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
My employer has already submitted a letter to my medical schools. However, I am requesting that same letter writer to compose a letter for my teacher employment application. However, this LOR for the job is non-confidential, and I upload the letter myself to the portal.

Through requesting this, will the medical school letter maintain is confidentiality? Thank you for your help!

Siromas

Non-Traditional livin'
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the programs are separate and the letters written by the same writer are different, I don't see how the confidentiality of your medical school letter could be compromised.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

DameJulie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Make sure you let your letter writer know that the letter is not-confidential for your program application (unlike the medical school one). And let your letter writer decide the rest.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applicants confused the "confidentiality" aspects of this.
As a medical school applicant, you are expected to give up your right to demand to see the letter
The letter writer is perfectly free to give you a copy if they choose to do so

ServiceFirst

MS1
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your responses! It seems like as long as the 2 letters are clearly separate to different programs, that letter writer can compose both letters.