Appropriate to have 1 letter writer compose 2 separate letters for separate programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ServiceFirst

MS1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My employer has already submitted a letter to my medical schools. However, I am requesting that same letter writer to compose a letter for my teacher employment application. However, this LOR for the job is non-confidential, and I upload the letter myself to the portal.

Through requesting this, will the medical school letter maintain is confidentiality? Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Since the programs are separate and the letters written by the same writer are different, I don't see how the confidentiality of your medical school letter could be compromised.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Make sure you let your letter writer know that the letter is not-confidential for your program application (unlike the medical school one). And let your letter writer decide the rest.

Thank you for all your responses! It seems like as long as the 2 letters are clearly separate to different programs, that letter writer can compose both letters.