Apps for listening to audio lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocoapelli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorite app they use to listen to audio lectures? I'm looking for something that 1) plays audio files, 2) allows playback at various speeds, and 3) has a button to skip forward/backward ~15 seconds.

So simple, right? I can't find squat in the iTunes store, and in the Google play store there's like 234932874 apps that look like they might work, but most are complicated dj tools.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I couldn't get that one to work for me, it kept opening ads that took me to the app store and closed the app. In case anyone is also looking for an audio player app, I ended up getting Bookmobile. I really like the interface and it seems to be ad-free.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a favorite app they use to listen to audio lectures? I'm looking for something that 1) plays audio files, 2) allows playback at various speeds, and 3) has a button to skip forward/backward ~15 seconds.

So simple, right? I can't find squat in the iTunes store, and in the Google play store there's like 234932874 apps that look like they might work, but most are complicated dj tools.

Thanks!

Swift Player

VLC/VLC for iOS is what I use. Allows for speed-up, slow-down, and has a scrolly-slider thing you can use to skip forward/backward. It's a really versatile player for other things too, it plays just about anything and you can even use it to re-sync audio/video if you need to (can be a handy feature).

Reactions: 1 users