April 2004 MCAT studying progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

good_faith

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please start writing your study progress.
This weekend I will read Chapter 1 of Biology and Physics.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm finding it hard to study MCAT stuff when I have 3 upcoming midterms next week. The Kaplan practice materials are good, however some of the verbal passages are from AAMC 1991-1998 (when the MCAT wasn't so tough). I don't know how true the scoring will represent the 2004 MCAT.

Captain Monkey

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by CaptainMonkey
I'm finding it hard to study MCAT stuff when I have 3 upcoming midterms next week. The Kaplan practice materials are good, however some of the verbal passages are from AAMC 1991-1998 (when the MCAT wasn't so tough). I don't know how true the scoring will represent the 2004 MCAT.

Captain Monkey

Hey Monkey,

I feel ya man! I am in the same predicatment myself. Though I wrote in my schedule to spend 2-3 hrs per day on MCAT prep. It ain't happening. :( Sometimes I wonder if I have ADD, I spend so much time studying and still know so little. People in my classes are so smart, wonder if I am genetically intellectually deficient...
I don't understand how people get double digits, I keep getting Q's wrong one the passages. Feel so dumb. I should stop ranting and get my act together and study.

I had to settle into a routine before I even thought about finding MCAT time. I spent ~16 hours a week with my martial arts, plus physics II and organic II. I think after this first round of exams I will be caught up enough to devote study time each week. Here's hoping.

Damn, JKDmed those faq's on your profile are hilarious.

Pyau,
don't worry about feeling like you aren't getting a grasp of the stuff you covered. Trust yourself, it is there, in your mind.

CaptainMonkey

I'm using EK as a primary source, and then the corresponding Kaplan as a secondary. It's been a busy few weeks, but I'm now finished with BIO 1-5, GC 1-4, OC 1, and PHY 1-3.

This puts me at pace to finish my primary studying right before spring break starts (March 12th-ish).

Then when I get back from Mexico and sober up, I'll be doing practice material, taking tests, and intensely reviewing everything up until April 17th.

I joined the Kaplan reviewing thing, this Jan, and find the classes helpful, but I have no time to practice on my own. I have exams or quizes every week, not to mention work, and family. OMG I find my self up until 4 in the morning and waking up at 6, and I am just doing "normal" stuff. God help me!+pity+

It's funny how I know so much more about torque and acid/base than I did when I was taking the courses.

Snow day snow day!! :D

once er is over, i'm going to read up on gchem and bio. hopefully today i'll be getting my orgo book

I know more Physics stuff . when I took the course loooong time ago, didn't have any clue..:laugh: