Aprox. # of HPSP scholarships available?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TrueBlueHound

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just curious if anyone knew of any statistics on how many of these scholarships are available on an annual basis (specifically 3 year). I know with the draw down and budget cuts funding has probably been cut considerably for vet students.
 
I'm sure it's somewhere on the website, they publish the statistics yearly.
 
Generally it is about 16 two and 16 three year scholarships offered. It varies so one year it may be 15 and 18 more or less as long as the total is 32-35 depending on staffing needs. There was some talk about moving to just three-year scholarships, but that means there will be a serious deficit in the out years for two years and I'm not sure anyone is willing to take that hit...