AP's on AMCAS coursework list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdm2fly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the amcas help button says that all courses, including AP courses I took in high school, should be listed in the coursework section if your university gave you credit for them. do i need to put a grade, score, or anything like that, or just write out what AP course i took. the problem is that i don't remember all the scores and grades i got for those courses, but if i don't fill it out, this red warning sign comes up, saying i should fill it out. anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I just copied down what I had on my transcript. Next to all my AP credits, was the letter "T" in the grade column, so I put that on AMCAS. Now, I don't know what "T" means....

I did the same as deenuh, my grade is listed as "CR" for credit.

When in doubt, copy the transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
Figured I'd bump this thread because my question's related...

For my AP / IB credit, I actually got some credit hours for the classes that they fulfilled. So, when I'm identifying my academic status, I run into some problems. I have more than 30 credit hours after my first semester. Nice lady at AAMC told me that the AP credits count towards my status, so I'd actually be considered a sophomore second semester of my first year at university. Instruction manual said no, vaguely.

Any ideas?

Last year (has it been that long already?), I put my five AP courses as part of my freshman year with "other" for term. I copied the substitute course title exactly from my transcript, put down the hours, but left grade blank. I then, obviously, checked the "Advanced Placement" box. However, I did not use these hours to make me a sophomore after just one semester.

AMCAS had no problem with what I did. Hope this helps. :luck: