1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AP's on AMCAS coursework list

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mdm2fly, May 10, 2007.

1. mdm2fly

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    the amcas help button says that all courses, including AP courses I took in high school, should be listed in the coursework section if your university gave you credit for them. do i need to put a grade, score, or anything like that, or just write out what AP course i took. the problem is that i don't remember all the scores and grades i got for those courses, but if i don't fill it out, this red warning sign comes up, saying i should fill it out. anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MDee

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I just copied down what I had on my transcript. Next to all my AP credits, was the letter "T" in the grade column, so I put that on AMCAS. Now, I don't know what "T" means....

4. goosie

goosie Go Patriots
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I did the same as deenuh, my grade is listed as "CR" for credit.

When in doubt, copy the transcript.

5. little pebble

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Figured I'd bump this thread because my question's related...

For my AP / IB credit, I actually got some credit hours for the classes that they fulfilled. So, when I'm identifying my academic status, I run into some problems. I have more than 30 credit hours after my first semester. Nice lady at AAMC told me that the AP credits count towards my status, so I'd actually be considered a sophomore second semester of my first year at university. Instruction manual said no, vaguely.

Any ideas?

6. Dr Durden

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Last year (has it been that long already?), I put my five AP courses as part of my freshman year with "other" for term. I copied the substitute course title exactly from my transcript, put down the hours, but left grade blank. I then, obviously, checked the "Advanced Placement" box. However, I did not use these hours to make me a sophomore after just one semester.

AMCAS had no problem with what I did. Hope this helps. :luck: