apt specials in memphis at SCO??

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eye_candie

eye_candie
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

i will be attending SCO this fall and i was wondering if anybody knew when the apt specials are so that i can plan to go to memphis to look for apartment around that time. i'm looking for something in downtown/midtown and mud island. if anybody can help i would really appreciate it. thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

eye_candie said:
hi,

i will be attending SCO this fall and i was wondering if anybody knew when the apt specials are so that i can plan to go to memphis to look for apartment around that time. i'm looking for something in downtown/midtown and mud island. if anybody can help i would really appreciate it. thank you!

On mud island I know they give student discounts (10% I think) but you'll have to check at the others (there are only like 3 other complexes so it shouldn't take too long). The first apt complex, the arbors will probably be the next cheapest as far as price. Then there are two more at the end of the island that are the priciest.
I think I knew of one person that lived in downtown and that was only bc her husbands parents already owned a place there. The apts tend to be over priced and tiny.
I'm not sure about apts in midtown. Some areas in midtown are ok to live in, some are not. Most of the people that live in midtown seem to own houses in the cooper-young district. This is just east and a little south of the school. If you drive east down madison (the road sco is on) you will run into "cooper" and if you take a right onto this street and go a few blocks you are in the "cooper-young" disctrict.
Hope this helped!

The Arbors, Riverset, the one on the end of the island with the big metal gate (forget the name), and maybe one more have student discounts. There are a few other complexes that are really pricey. Hitting the apartments on Mud Island is easy because they're all on the main drag, just look for the signs. A few people live at The Bristol, walking distance to SCO, but I think it's a bit pricey. Living downtown is expensive and makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't really know much about apartments in midtown, and I don't know anyone with apartments there. There seem to be ok places. They tend to be more on a month by month basis and less likely to let you reserve a spot for August. I tried two places and they didn't even have an apartment they'd let me look at.